Getting Through Finals With the HC Survival Kit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Everybody’s favorite time of year is here…finals.  The stress, the sleep deprivation, the loss of sanity and the crying over your notes while simultaneously stuffing your face with chocolate—is there anybody that doesn’t love it?  Hahahaha, that’s a joke.  Finals suck! Here, yeah, take a tissue.  

We all hate it and are enthusiastically counting down the days until we hand in our last final exam or paper.  But until that day comes, here are few tips to help you get through the worst time of the year.  

Take Some Time For Yourself

We’ve said it once and we’ll say it again, your wellbeing and sanity are way more important than any grade.   Try putting on some relaxing tunes and have a spa night.  You don’t need a whole team like Mia Thermopolis, DIY your spa experience with a facemask, herbal tea and for a little something extra, Michael Kors’ scented flash tats from the HC Finals Survival Kit.  

Try Taking a Power Nap  

What even is sleep during finals? Even if you do go to bed early, chances are anxiety is keeping you awake way past your bedtime.  During the day, there’s so much work to do you hardly have time for a two-hour nap break.  The solution could be a midday power nap.  You’ll wake up feeling refreshed enough to focus on a few more hours of work.  Just snuggle up with your favorite blanket, like Vera Bradley‘s Throw Blanket, and shut your eyes for 15 to 20 minutes.  

Get Dressed In the Morning

This one sounds obvious, but I’m suggesting you put in a little more effort and go beyond sweatpants this week.  Sometimes putting just a tad more energy into getting ready in the morning can make a big difference in helping you get to the right mindset to be more productive througout the day.  HC Brandeis is using TREsemmé Perfectly (un)Done Sea Salt Spray to help us feel in tip-top shape to face yet another day of studying, writing papers or taking exams. 

Make Sure You’re Well Nourished

Food is so important during finals, and I don’t mean that chocolate you’re using as a Band-Aid for the stress.  Make sure you’re stocking up on good brain foods rich in protein, omegas, antioxidants and vitamins such as C, B’s and K.   This semester, HC Brandeis is getting our fix of study foods at Chipotle, thanks to our BOGO cards.  Chipotle…

Good luck on the last few days of finals collegiettes! 

I am a double major in Anthropology and International/Global Studies with a minor in Creativity, the Arts, and Social Transformation at Brandeis University. As a native Southern Californian, I have a born passion for avocados and an innate dread of cold weather. In my free time I love cooking (with avocados of course), drawing and writing.