Get Involved at Brandeis!: A Review of the Winter Involvement Fair

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

The Winter Involvement fair last Sunday, January 22, brought together all sorts of clubs for a truly spectacular event.  In an event that filled all floors of the SCC, clubs delivered energy, excitement, and no shortage of free food.

Old and new members of the Brandies student body came out to seek new activities.  The event featured just about every club that Brandeis has to offer.  Performing groups such as the Bellydance Ensemble and the Juggling Club attracted students with flashy demonstrations.  Other groups, such as the wide variety of Brandeis acapella groups, were very direct in their recruitment attempts; cries of ‘Do you like to sing?’ could be heard all over the SCC. 

For those who prefer to be out of the spotlight, a number of academic and international groups were also present. Groups that represented a wide selection of academic interests, such as Psychology and Neuroscience, handed out pamphlets to students.  International groups, like the Russian and German clubs, attracted students with samples of cultural foods. 

Other groups represented at the fair included publication groups (our own Her Campus included), intramural sports, and activism clubs. Sports from the standard to the zany (I’m looking at you, Quidditch) were present, many in full uniform with gear in hand.  Activism groups like Feminist Majority Leadership Alliance (FMLA) and Triskelion (the GLBTQSA alliance) also attracted many students with bright banners.

The Winter Involvement Fair was definitely an event not to miss.  The many activities and clubs represented provided something to interest every kind of student.  Get involved!