Finally! The Day Brandeis Became Cool

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Photo credit: Aliza Goldstein and Carolina Lopez

What do you get when you combine Chapel’s Field, four great bands, the Brandeis student body, 90 degrees of pure humidity, and an intoxicated water supply? Springest 2010! ??

Sunday May 2nd marked the (almost) official end to the semester as Michael Angelakos from Passion Pit asked the crowd if we had finished finals or were still working hard. Despite the groan that came from the audience when reminded of the work we had to do, there was no doubt that the day of fun helped alleviate some of the pre-finals stress we are all feeling.

As we all awaited Passion Pit to debut, we rocked out to Man Man, Chiddy Bang, and Streetlight Manifesto is the unbearable heat. While some tried to keep warm by eating ices or ice cream, or sipping on free beer for those over 21, the rest of us were wrestling for the minimum bottles of water Student Events provided for students, due to the recent water main brake in Weston, Mass ironically, this did not put a damper on Springfest 2010. The campus, went into full effect Saturday night once hearing of the catastrophe, providing filtered water around campus, extending dining hours and the POD market hours.  Recent news alerts us that we the water advisory should be lifted in the next 48 hours. Until then, stay hydrated and soak up the last few days before finals.

Until the fall…?xx, Morgan and Jordana

Abigail Katznelson is a Senior at Brandeis University studying Economics and Psychology. She recently joined the Her Campus Team and is so excited to have been recognized by Brandeis as an official charter! She is a member of the Brandeis Student Union, Creative Advertising Director for Student Events, and the Vice President of Sigma Delta Tau Delta Gamma Chapter. Her interests include singing, shopping, writing and exploring exotic foods. She will attend Brandeis’ International Business School next year as a participant in Brandeis’ 5-Year Masters program in International Finance.