Emily Goldenberg ’16 and Tyler Diamond ‘16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Hometowns:

Tyler: Glastonbury, CT

Emily: Orange County, CA

Major/Minor:

T: Business Major with a Computer Science minor

E: Double Major in Sociology and American Studies

HC: What are you involved in outside of academics?

T: I’m on the Ultimate Frisbee team and am a brother of Phi Kappa Psi

E: I’m an Orientation Leader, a member of the Women’s Club Lacrosse Team, and a sister in Sigma Delta Tau

HC: What’s your favorite aspect of the Brandeis community?

Both: Brandeis is simply the most comfortable place. The Brandeis community creates that sense of a home away from home.

HC: How did you each spend your summer?

T: I interned at an investment-banking firm

E: I interned at Focus Features in the Publicity Department as well as worked at a café. Tyler came to visit me for two weeks in July, so I was able to take time off of work, which was nice.

HC: How did you two meet?

Both: We technically met on the first day of first-year orientation, but we didn’t actually become friends until we had a joint event for the pledges of both of our Greek organizations.

How did you end up getting together?

E: We talked a bit and hung out at night, but we saw each other at a party at Phi Psi around Halloween. Tyler admitted to getting my number from my OL, but he never texted me because he was nervous! So I took his phone and texted myself, and that’s when we really started talking.

Where did you have your first date?

T: We took the shuttle to Harvard Square to shop and go to dinner. I really wanted to take Emily out on a nice dinner date, but she was so hungry that we stopped at Chipotle for a snack. Unfortunately, it ended up being our dinner because she ate so much. So yeah, our first real date was at Chipotle. Super classy, we know.

What is the best thing for a couple to do around Brandeis/Waltham?

T: It’s not really at Brandeis or in Waltham, but we spent an amazing day at Fenway Park. We took the commuter rail to the T, and that took us right to the park. I bought Emily a Dustin Pedroia shirt and we ate a lot of ballpark junk food including peanuts, cotton candy, chicken tenders, fries, and hotdogs. It was the day after the Boston Bomber was found, so Neil Diamond came to the park and sang “Sweet Caroline” live. It was an awesome time to be a Sox fan and a part of Boston Strong.

What advice can you give to the incoming freshmen?

Both: If you connect well with someone, definitely make an effort. Be proactive!

Favorites:

Movie –

E: Little Miss Sunshine.

T: Any movie that Emily wants to watch.

Usdan meal –

Both: This is a difficult question because we don’t know any of the new dining options. We do love the Faculty Club though!

Dorm room essential –

E: My white board because I write notes to my suitemates.

T: My fan because Rosie isn’t air-conditioned. 

Andrea is a sociology major with minors in journalism and women's and gender studies. She is currently finishing her senior year at Brandeis University. She was born and reared in Los Angeles, CA, which does mean that she is a die-hard Laker fan… Sorry Bostonians. When Andrea is not routing on her favorite basketball team, she dedicates her time to her many passions. They include reading and writing about fashion, traveling, exploring new restaurants, spending time with friends, watching reality television (she has a weak spot for Bravo), shopping, and working out.