This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Lip Scrub

My personal favorite, this scrub involves just two ingredients: strawberry and sugar. After cutting one strawberry, all you have to do is mix the juices with a few pinches of sugar. Just stir it into a semi-liquid consistency before you go crazy. Not only will you be targeting chapped lips, but you’ll also get a taste of something sweet in the process.

This is such a simple recipe, and if it’s gentle enough for your lips, it’s definitely great for your body as well. So, go forth and spread it all over your ashy elbows and ankles!

Now, if you can’t get your hands on strawberries, you can use the bristles of a soft toothbrush. Just wet them and move them around in circular motions. It gets the job done, technically, but it’s really not as moisturizing (or fun).

Face Mask

Surprisingly, avocadoes can be used for more than just Instagram likes. They’re also extremely moisturizing and can give you a subtle glow. So, if you’re lucky enough to find one of the few firm avocadoes in the C-store, cut one half for your face and save the other for a sandwich or something else that’s photogenic.

Then, you’ll need two tablespoons of honey and a quarter cup of raw oatmeal. Mix and mash these three ingredients and spread them over your face. I’d recommend leaving the mask on for 15 minutes, but you can leave it on for a little more time or a little less, depending on your schedule. And from there, just rinse your face with warm water, give yourself a splash of cold water, and then, moisturize.

As you can imagine, this is super messy, so find a place where you can lie down both your head and a towel. But the results are so worth it!

Have fun and get the cucumber waters flowing!