This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

If you love DIY clothing projects, then you’re going to love this article! Below is a list of various DIY summer clothes (both no-sew and hand/machine sewing – if you don’t know how to hand sew, here’s a basic guide) that are sure to add a bit of fun to your summer wardrobe. Cute examples and links to directions are provided, of course!

Upcycled old/oversized t-shirtThis is perfect if you want to revamp your workout wardrobe, or want something to wear over your swimsuit!

Tie-Front TankThis is quick, simple, and very adorable!

Front and back slashed t-shirtThis shirt is great for outdoor music festivals/activities (just make sure you put some sunscreen on!)

Tie-Dye Swimsuit Cover-UpThis is one of my favorite projects in the list! It’s super cute and easy to make!

Basic High-Waisted ShortsYou can’t really go wrong with the basics!

Two-Toned Denim Shorts (with designs)These are absolutely adorable!(For the directions scroll about halfway down the page)

Revamped Denim ShortsThere are multiple ways you can add fabric to spice up your shorts!Front pocket + hemline

Back pockets

All of these looks are great for the summer and a great way to save money!

I love watching movies, reading, writing, being a ginger, singing, dancing, acting, and attending Brandeis University.