This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Year: 2016

Major: Economics and Business

Minor: IGS

Hometown: Sharon, MA

What do you like the most about Brandeis?

I love the dining options here at Brandeis!!! Between Sherman and Usdan, I feel like I have an endless array of options to nourish my body. Sometimes I even like to mix it up and wait half an hour in the SCC to get a bagel from Einsteins. I always have a choice!

I also like that Brandeis feels like an extended family. Everybody seems to know everybody. At first it weirded me out because I felt like I was living under a microscope, but I’ve grown to love it.

What’s your favorite memory at Brandeis? 

My favorite memory at Brandeis was definitely the time I snuck onto the roof of the science building with a bunch of buddies. The roof is covered in a slick black rubbery material, and since rain was pouring from the sky, the whole roof was like a massive slip & slide. My buddies and I had a blast sprinting all over the roof and sliding on our tummies. Gtms KW, JSG, JJ, and GP!

What activities are you involved in on campus?

I’m the co-president of Global Brigades Microfinance and I play soccer with BFC. I’ve also dabbled in acapella in the past with Starving Artists.

Advice for first years?

You are not too cool for school. Participate in student events and have fun. 24 hour musical is a blast, Chums can sometimes be lit, and intramural inner tube water polo is turnt AF.

Where do you see yourself in ten years?

Idk where I’ll be, but in 10 years I’ll definitely be killin it with bæ wherever we end up! That’s fo damn sho! (S/O to Miriam Stulin!)

Fun fact: I sell things at the Apple Store sometimes.

Spot on campus: “The Rock”

Sherman or Usdan: Usdan circa 2013. Marie can still make a mean sandwich though.

Place on earth: Brenton Point State Park in Newport, RI.

Song of the moment: Chorus of Mimes by the Fantasy Echoes!

Hola! I am a first year from Puerto Rico. I'm passionate about writing, feminism, social justice, and health.
I am a double major in Anthropology and International/Global Studies with a minor in Creativity, the Arts, and Social Transformation at Brandeis University. As a native Southern Californian, I have a born passion for avocados and an innate dread of cold weather. In my free time I love cooking (with avocados of course), drawing and writing.