This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Major: English Major with a Teaching Minor
Hometown: Manatí Puerto Rico

Her Campus: What are you involved in on campus?
Dennis Hermida: A member of Boris’s Kitchen, Student Events Entertainment Coordinator, in theater on campus, Waltham group and works at the library.

HC: How did you get involved with these things?
DH: Well I unintentionally got in to Boris’ Kitchen…I originally only went to the auditions to be moral support for a friend and then the person leading auditions said I had to either leave or audition so I stayed and auditioned and ended up getting in. I really like planning events and being loud and happy so I thought that student events would be a good fit so I applied got it and I love it, its one of my favorite things to do on campus. For theater I am in at least 2 shows a semester, this semester only 1 “Trojans Hour” and I just like to act. I also really want to go into teaching so I’ve been in Waltham group helping teach at public schools since last year spring semester.

HC: have you always been interested in acting?
DH: I actually never did any acting or theater before Boris’ Kitchen.

HC: Would you consider yourself funny?
DH: Yeah…(this is awkward)…I’m funny in context.

HC: how do you balance your time between all your involvements?
DH: I do a lot of time management and calendaring. I write EVERYTHING down. If it isn’t in my calendar then it is not a real thing. I even schedule eating and sleep time.

HC: So what made you decide on Brandeis?
DH: I really like the environment and they also have the MKTYP (Myra Kraft Transitional Year Program), which is what I got into Brandeis through. They also have a great academic program and reputation.

HC: Can you tell us more about MKTYP?
DH: I thought it was really great that Brandeis offered an opportunity to students from cities that didn’t offer the best education. It is also a scholarship program and only 20 students get in. It is for low-income first generation students.

HC: what do you like to do to relax?
DH: Watch Scandal, and just a lot of TV; It is my relaxation method.

HC: Do you schedule Scandal into your calendar?
DH: YES, I love Scandal it’s my favorite show!

HC: If you could….

…have a super power?
DH: The power to stop time, I think it would be really fun messing with people.

….have a reality TV show about your life what would you call it?
DH: “True Life It’s Dennis”

….host SNL who would you want to be your musical performance?
DH: Beyonce

….go on a date with anyone?
DH: Kerry Washington or Beyonce.

…have one song stuck in your head for a year what would it be?
DH: Love on Top – Beyonce (its been stuck in his head for a year)

Favorite…

…movie?
DH: 10 Things I Hate About You

…tv show?
DH: Scandal

…food?
DH: Pork shoulder with rice and beans

…band/artist?
DH: Fosforito

…thing about Brandeis?
DH: “the fact that I can wear socks and flip flops and it ain’t a big deal”

DH: Everyone should like the Boris’ Kitchen FB page and visit our website!!!!!!

Rachel is a junior math major and premed student at Brandeis University. She is an EMT and recently joined her school's EMS squad. When she's not busy studying, she enjoys blogging, watching sitcoms, drawing zentangles, folding origami, and eating chocolate.