De Cordova Sculpture Park and Museum

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

After two jam-packed days filled with carrying heavy boxes up endless flights of stairs, my family and I decided to escape the move in madness by taking in some art at the De Cordova Sculpture Park and Museum in Lexington, MA. Located 15 minutes away from campus, the museum features an exhibit by sculptor Tony Feher who uses everyday objects and assembles them in unique ways. The Sculpture Park, which spans across 35 acres is the largest in New England and boasts an impressive collection of unique sculptures. If you are looking for a relaxing afternoon filled with distinctive art, then you should definitely explore the De Cordova Sculpture Park and Museum. Here are some of the photographs I took during my visit. 

Andrea is a sociology major with minors in journalism and women's and gender studies. She is currently finishing her senior year at Brandeis University. She was born and reared in Los Angeles, CA, which does mean that she is a die-hard Laker fan… Sorry Bostonians. When Andrea is not routing on her favorite basketball team, she dedicates her time to her many passions. They include reading and writing about fashion, traveling, exploring new restaurants, spending time with friends, watching reality television (she has a weak spot for Bravo), shopping, and working out.