This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

The C-Store is the holy grail of snacks at Brandeis University. With its wide range of grub, ranging from a light, healthy salad to a tub of ice cream and fried food, you really can’t go wrong at the C-Store. After having done copious amounts of research at the C-Store over these past few weeks and have decided my personal favorites, I think it’s apt to open the floor up to the wider Brandeis community to share some of their favorites for me, fellow HerCampus writer Aarti Jain, and some special guests (Sammy Shorthall, Dana Jaffe, and the Brandeis HerCampus President extraordinaire Emrae Foreman) to review and critique. So without further ado, here is our take on snacks from the C-Store:

Sophie’s Reviews: 

1. Lesser Evil Paleo Puffs (“No Cheese” Cheesiness): These are one of my absolute favorite snacks in the C-Store. If you’re looking for a lighter, non-dairy, gluten-free version of a cheese puff with a ton of flavour, these bad boys are perfect for you; they pretty much taste like cheese, but with a tad of a garlicky flavour. My only complaint is that they’re pretty pricey ($1.99) for a tiny bag at the C-Store, so I’d suggest maybe getting some at a convenience store at a different location.

1. Welch’s Fruit Snacks (the original version): Ah, a classic. Although these aren’t the *best* gummies that I have ever had (those go to the OG Betty Crocker Scooby-Doo Snacks and Gushers), these are far from bad. Granted, only the orange and grape taste like actual fruit, but regardless they all taste pretty good. My other main criticism of these is that they try to masquerade themselves as a “healthy” snack with fruit juice. Even though Gushers and Scooby Snacks are also objectively awful for you, at least they don’t try and pretend to be something they’re not… 

2. Fruit: This snack is perhaps my favorite on the list. All-natural, sweet, fresh, tasty, AND good for you, you really can’t go wrong with nature’s candy. Although the C-Store doesn’t have the absolute best fruit that I’ve ever tasted, it’s pretty darn good–especially the raspberries and blueberries.

Aarti’s Reviews:

1. Twix Ice Cream Bar: This is a really fun twist on a classic Twix chocolate bar! It incorporates the crunch and caramel of a Twix bar, with the sweet, dairy goodness of vanilla ice cream and the richness of milk chocolate. I just wish that it had a little more crunch to balance out the super sweetness of the ice cream. Other than that, the ice cream bar is really great!

2. HiChew: Personally, I’m a fan of Hi-Chew, especially the mango flavoured ones. However, the kiwi flavoured ones don’t actually taste like kiwi, which is kind of weird, but then again, it’s also candy. Also, interestingly enough, they get softer the warmer the candy gets, so it can be kind of tough to chew at times. 

3. Sour Patch Kids (Tropical): I love all things, Sour Patch Kids. The tropical pack adds so much more flavour and fun to a classic snack, making it an all-around fun snack to eat (especially at the movies)!

EmRae’s Review: 

1. Odwalla Chocolate Shake: This shake literally shook my world. chocolate, creamy, tastes like dessert, but with all the calories and nutrients of a full meal. Whether you’re busy late-night studying, missed breakfast for you 9 am, or too sick with the Brandeis flu for solid foods, this shake is the way to go when you’re on the go!

Dana’s Reviews:

1. Cinnamon and Brown Sugar Pop-Tarts: The magic of the pop-tart is created by the contrast of the flaky, doughy pastry and the smooth, sweet inner and outer later. The chewy and soft texture accentuates the fierce flavour. Perfect for a snack, breakfast, or dessert, the mushy dough will get stuck in your teeth as the flavour remains to excite your taste buds. *Pro-tip: Heat it up in the toaster oven before eating for a warm, gooey treat!

2. Mint Chocolate Milanos: The cookie wafer that surrounds this delicious treat is simultaneously soft and crunchy. While the mint is subtle at first, it continues to linger in your mouth long after the cookie is gone. The Milano itself in think and dainty, containing chocolate that is slightly rich but not overwhelmingly strong. The imperfect shape and structure creates cozy vibes that welcome your mouth to the experience. 

*Pro-tip: Dip in milk for maximum satisfaction!

So there you have it: nine completely unsolicited (yet completely justified) opinions on some tasty C-Store snacks. Happy snacking, everyone!

(PC: Jamie Bartosch, Traveling Mom)

Sophie is a freshman at Brandeis University (an East Coast transplant from the San Francisco Bay Area), and is super excited to be a part of HerCampus! Besides writing for HerCampus, Sophie loves hiking, a good yoga class, and tasty food (partial to Burmese and Dim Sum).
Emily Rae Foreman is a senior at Brandeis University studying Internationals and Global (IGS) studies with a double minor in Economics and Anthropology. She has been acting President of Her Campus Brandeis for two years, as well as a tour guide, an Undergraduate Department Representative for IGS, A writer for the Brandeis Politics Journal and Vice President of the Brandeis Society for International Affairs.