nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Bronstein Week Preview

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

We sat down with the highly energetic Rita Tobias, Social Director of Student Events to get the ultimate lowdown on Bronstein Week starting this Sunday! Check. It. Out.

HC: What is your role during Bronstein Week?

RT: I am the Social Director of Student Events. I oversee a team of three coordinators and together we plan the two themed weeks of the year, Louis Louis Week in the fall and Bronstein Week in the spring.

During Bronstein week, we make all the events that we have been planning into a reality. From promoting the events to being at the events, we make sure that everything is running smoothly.

HC: What are the major events at Bronstein Week?

RT: All the events are super major! Some of the more popular ones will definitely be the Brandeis Color 5k: Good in Motion. It’s free for Brandeis Students but  $20 for off campus participants. The proceeds go to the b.good foundation, who will also be providing  snacks!

HC: Where can people go if they want to know more information?

RT: For more information, definitely join the Facebook group. We will constantly update the page with information and reminders about the events. 

You can also follow Student Events on Facebook, Twitter and even Instagram!

HC: What is your favorite event?

RT: That is a really hard question because I really end up falling in love with the week as a whole and love all of the events. But if I had to pick, one of my favorite events will probably be the Hip Hop Happiness, next Friday the 4th on the Great Lawn! We will have old school tunes playing as well as a graffiti trucker hats, tattoo artists and tie-dye shirts! I also really love Wake and Shakes, especially during Bronstein, because we give out so many giveaways like shot glasses, t-shirts and more!!

HC: What is the best way to take advantage of Bronstein Week?

RT: The best way to take advantage of Bronstein Week is to really take the time to look at the events on Facebook and decide which ones interest you the most. We plan these events for the student body and we want everyone to want to take advantage of at least some free stuff or a cool event!

HC: What is the theme this year?

RT: This year the theme is “Throwback Bronstein.” We are throwing back to our childhood, the 90s and our favorite past times.

HC: How much planning goes into this event?

RT: A ton of planning goes into this week. My team and I begin brainstorming ideas for Bronstein in the beginning of the semester and we talk about possible themes. Once we decide on a theme we start planning different events that would work with the theme. Once we have the ideas we start contacting vendors, administration and other companies to see if these events are possible and start solidifying the events. We have to work on giveaways, promotion and decoration.

IT IS ALL FREE FREE FREE. FREE FUN, FREE FOOD, FREE GIVEAWAYS.

Sunday, March 30th: BRANDEIS COLOR 5K: GOOD IN MOTION Great Lawn, 8:30am – 1:00pm Don’t miss your chance to get colorful, moving, and doing good as Student Events kicks off Bronstein week with the first color 5k at Brandeis! Tickets available at the Box Office. Brandeis Students: Free (suggested $15 donation appreciated.) Off campus: 20$ online, 25$ at the event. All proceeds go to the b.good family foundation. Registration begins at 8:30am. Race: 10:00am. Free shirts while supplies last!

Monday, March 31st: WAKE ‘N’ SHAKE Usdan Area, 9:00am – 12:00pm Start the week right with free coffee, hot chocolate, and a cereal bar! Get your free Bronstein swag on your way to class, while supplies last!

THE CREATOR OF YOUR CHILDHOOD TELLS ALL Levin Ballroom, 8:30pm Meet Paul Germain: The creator of Rugrats and Recess and writer/producer of The Simpsons, Even Stevens, and Lloyd in Space, just to name a few. He’ll speak about the shows (spoiler alert: Tommy was named for his son!) and show some never-before-seen footage!

Tuesday, April 1st: AH, TO BE A KID AGAIN! SCC Atrium, 7:00 – 10:00pm Make your own slime, take a photo with Pepsi-ad-era-Britney, decorate macaroni art picture frames, get a hair wrap, Play M.A.S.H., and more as you nurture your inner 90’s kid with some throwback activities! Bring out the dancing lobsters!

Wednesday, April 2nd: LASER CHALLENGE! Levin Ballroom, 5:00 – 8:00pm Ever wish you could turn somewhere you go all the time into your own battleground where no one actually gets hurt? Let your dreams come true by battling your friends for ultimate laser tag glory!

BAR NIGHT: REWIND The Skellig, Waltham, 10:00pm – 1:00am Dance the night away at the Skellig to your favorite throwback tunes! Enjoy free drinks on us (while supplies last). 21+ only. Bring Brandeis ID for drink tickets. Bran Van transportation available. Dance to the tunes of KING PLEAXURE, 90’s style!

Thursday, April 3rd: MR. BRANDEIS PAGEANT Levin Ballroom, 7:00pm Watch Brandeis’ finest men compete for the title of Mr. Brandeis! This is a competition that you DO NOT want to miss! Co-sponsored with SAAC and Relay for Life.

Friday, April 4th: HIP HOP HAPPINESS The Great Lawn, 12:00 – 4:00pm Spin back to the early 90’s and enjoy the beats of our favorite hip hop classics, customize your own air brush graffiti trucker hat, make a tie dye tee, and get an airbrush tattoo!

Chastity DeLorme is a art enthusiast, writer, and pop culture lover. She currently lives in Boston, MA, finishing up her degree in Film, Television & Interactive Media with a minor in Business.
Andrea is a sociology major with minors in journalism and women's and gender studies. She is currently finishing her senior year at Brandeis University. She was born and reared in Los Angeles, CA, which does mean that she is a die-hard Laker fan… Sorry Bostonians. When Andrea is not routing on her favorite basketball team, she dedicates her time to her many passions. They include reading and writing about fashion, traveling, exploring new restaurants, spending time with friends, watching reality television (she has a weak spot for Bravo), shopping, and working out.