Breaking Out of the Brandeis Bubble: Revere Beach

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

I remember the first time in Boston; I took a glance at the MBTA map and immediately told myself to check out Revere Beach Station. Couple months later…Goal accomplished!

Revere Beach is only an hour and half away from Brandeis by shuttle and MBTA. Take free shuttle to Harvard, then take MBTA red transfer to green/or orange then transfer to blue. Here’s the MBTA map to lead you on your way.

You should go because spending a few moments in nature is a great way to de-stress from a weeks full of work, work, and more work. 

My recommendation is to go during spring since finals and cold weather is quickly approaching. The only people I saw this past weekend were a group of teenagers and two people walking their dogs by the shore. Though the beach lacked people, there were a ton of empty surf clams washed up on the sand, which you can take back to Brandeis to impress your friends (I’ve never seen a shell this big!). After my fingers became too numb to function (Thanks to the chilly winds from the ocean!), I explored the quiet town of Revere right behind the train stop and had lunch at a delicious Mexican restaurant. 

Overall, it was a fun trip and it was nice to get away from Brandeis for a bit. So why not take an adventure next weekend and visit somewhere new yourself?

Amy Wu

Brandeis

Currently a sophomore majoring in business and computer science. Love adventures, music, and giving advice! Hoping to study abroad for an academic year, so make sure to follow my posts!-Amy Wu  
Rachel is a junior math major and premed student at Brandeis University. She is an EMT and recently joined her school's EMS squad. When she's not busy studying, she enjoys blogging, watching sitcoms, drawing zentangles, folding origami, and eating chocolate.