Breaking Out of the Brandeis Bubble: Ice Skating

There’s no denying that this winter has been anything but white.  But there is one thing that is white this winter: Frog Pond!  Nestled in the heart of Boston Commons, Frog Pond is the ideal place for an outdoor skate. This weekend take a trip off campus with your friends or your significant other.  It's guaranteed to be tons of fun!  Here's everything you need to know so you can plan your trip: 

Transportation:

• Hop on the Boston/Cambridge shuttle and walk down Newbury Street until you reach the Boston Commons.  Frog Pond is located about a five to ten minute walk from the start of the park. 
  • If you’re going on a day that the shuttle doesn’t run you can take the commuter rail and the T.  It’s really easy and you’ll be dropped off right near the Commons.

Admission: 

• There’s a $5 admission rate with a $10 skate rental fee.  On Tuesday nights from 6-7, show your college ID to get a discount. 

While You're There: 

• While the Zamboni is hard at work, definitely make a stop at the Frog Pond Café.  It’s seriously worth shelling out a couple bucks for hot chocolate or a snack to help warm you up. 
  • Make a day of your excursion and do a little shopping and dinner afterwards in Boston. 
  • Try not to get wiped out by a little kid on one of these: 

Happy skating collegiettes!