Breaking out of the Brandeis Bubble: Halloween in Boston

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

While Brandeis can be scary in its own manner, Boston also has some spooky events you can participate in this Halloween season. Boston has some great and fun deals the weekend before, the week of and the weekend after Halloween. So if you find yourself wanting to ditch the Brandeis Bubble and get off campus, then check out some of the tricky and treaty hot spots in Bean Town.

Most of the events listed below have some great seals on EventBrite and Groupon so always double check before your purchase your tickets straight from the event’s site.

Boston Halloween Bash 2013: Dance at the Distillery

Grand Ten Distilling

Tuesday, October 29th, 7pm-11pm

$15 at the door, tickets purchased online as well

One free drink, free pizza and candy

Tons of awards for costumes

Halloween Pubcrawl

* Pub crawls originated in the UK and are an awesome way to get to know the bars around town, get some awesome deals, and get schwasted on little-nothing money!

3 Day All Access Pass

Saturday, October 26th; Thursday, October 31st; Saturday, November 1st

Some drink specials available with pass

Guilt Official Halloween Party

Guilt Club

“Boo-tiful Bash”

Thursday, October 31st

Halloween Crawl by Crawl in Boston

*One of the most popular pub crawls in Boston, they added more staff and deals this year to meet the demand!

Starts at Fanueil Hall

Thursday, October 26th

Every drink is $3 or less at every bar

Raising money towards Julie’s Family Charity

Nightmare on Boston Harbor Indoor BOOze Cruise

Saturday, October 26th

Cash-only bar

Wait staff dresses up and hands out prizes

Halloween at the MFA

*Must be a member to attend

Saturday, October 26th

Starts at 11am

Halloween Eat and Treat

Fenway- The Morville House

Experience local food and drink from businesses all around Boston, fun Halloween-themed activities including face painting

Thursday, October 31st

5pm-8pm

Harvard Square Ghost Tour

Guides dress up and give you a ghost tour round the city

Thursday, October 31st-Saturday, November 1st

$12 for students

Boston Halloween Tour of Beacon Hill

Thursday, October 31st

6pm, lasts for 1 hour, 30 minutes

$20/person, $10/members

Tour guided with special anecdotes regarding Bostonian murder, ghosts, hauntings, etc.

Halloween on the Harbor

Adults can dress up and have their own fun

$5 for duck boat tour ticket

Collect goodies and prizes from businesses in the Fort Point neighborhood

Proceeds will go benefit Friends of the Fort Point Channel

Market of the Living Dead

SoWa Open Market will have a special market for Halloween

Sunday, October 27th, 10am-4pm

Boston’s South End

Over 100 vendors, $250 prize for best costume

Live music, pumpkin carving, food trucks and more

And if Boston and Cambridge don’t do it for you there are some fun Haunted Halloween nights in the New England area:

http://www.boston.com/communit…

So there! Now you have no excuse to not celebrate the Fall Solstice and the Spooky Holiday. This year, Brandeis University is trying to get the whole campus involved in the spooky spirit, so keep your eyes peeled from awesome activities around campus as well.

Chastity DeLorme is a art enthusiast, writer, and pop culture lover. She currently lives in Boston, MA, finishing up her degree in Film, Television & Interactive Media with a minor in Business.
Andrea is a sociology major with minors in journalism and women's and gender studies. She is currently finishing her senior year at Brandeis University. She was born and reared in Los Angeles, CA, which does mean that she is a die-hard Laker fan… Sorry Bostonians. When Andrea is not routing on her favorite basketball team, she dedicates her time to her many passions. They include reading and writing about fashion, traveling, exploring new restaurants, spending time with friends, watching reality television (she has a weak spot for Bravo), shopping, and working out.