Breaking out of the Brandeis Bubble: Off Campus Attraction Discounts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

There is a lot to do at Brandeis, but we know that sometimes we all need to get off campus and do something else like explore Boston, go the movies, or check out the latest exhibits at a museum. This is why we are starting a series called Breaking out of the Brandeis Bubble. This column is where you will be able to find out about great places to go outside of Brandeis and this week we are providing you with awesome off campus adventures with great college discounts.

In order to buy tickets for these 5 fun activities listed below, visit Room 203 in the Shapiro Campus Center.

1.Embassy Cinema: $7
2.New England Aquarium: $10
3.New England Aquarium & IMAX Combo:$15
4. Museum of Science: $15
5. Boston Duck Tours: $20

Other places to go with discounts include:

Shear Madness, America’s Hilarious Whodunit and the longest running non musical play in America, offers Student Rush tickets one hour before each performance for only $20 (which is $30 off the regular rate of $50). Tickets are one per college ID for the best seats available and are subject to availability. Current performance schedule is Sundays at 3:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.; Tuesday-Friday at 8:00 p.m.; and Saturdays at 6:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m.

The Museum of Fine Arts offers free admission and 10% off museum shop purchases for Brandeis undergraduate students upon presentation of a college photo ID.

Boston Symphony Orchestra offers college students the “Boston Symphony Orchestra College Card” for the 2012-2013 season. For $25 you can purchase this card and attend BSO concerts for no additional charge. To purchase this BSO College Card or for more information call 888-266-1200 or visit bso.org/collegecard!

Wrentham Village Premium Outlets, as part of their “Show Your College ID and Save” program, gives students a free VIP Coupon Book, which includes hundreds of dollars in savings and special offers, when students present their college ID at the Wrentham Outlets Information Center. Students can also receive $6 off round trip transportation to the outlets (normally $42) on the Boston Common Coach, departing from Copley Square in Boston, when they present their College ID.

Eve’s Addiction, an online jewelry retailer that specializes in personalized and engravable jewelry as well as designer and celebrity inspired, offers Brandeis students 20% off any jewelry or gift purchase accessible through coupon code “Brandeis20” applied at checkout.

Andrea is a sociology major with minors in journalism and women's and gender studies. She is currently finishing her senior year at Brandeis University. She was born and reared in Los Angeles, CA, which does mean that she is a die-hard Laker fan… Sorry Bostonians. When Andrea is not routing on her favorite basketball team, she dedicates her time to her many passions. They include reading and writing about fashion, traveling, exploring new restaurants, spending time with friends, watching reality television (she has a weak spot for Bravo), shopping, and working out.