Brandon Lagos ’19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Name: Brandon Lagos

Year: 2019

Hometown: Chino Hills, California

Majors: Business and Economics

Her Campus: Why Brandeis?

Brandon Lagos: I was recruited to Brandeis for basketball. What sold me was how good the academics are here. Once I realized the prestige of the school, I figured it was a done deal.

HC: What are you involved with on campus?

BL: I’m on the varsity basketball team. I haven’t gotten too involved yet since I’m still feeling my way around. I plan to get involved with some really meaningful clubs that are pracical for what I want to do in the future.

HC: What position do you play on the basketball team?

BL: Power forward/center

HC: What’s one thing that you want to tell your 10 year old self?

BL: Plant a shade tree under which you will never sit. My dad alway told me this when I was a kid. To me, it means doing things for others that you might not benefit from. You don’t always need a reason to be good to others.

HC: Who is your role model?

BL: Defintely my dad. He always tells me that he wants me to be better than him, but I think he’s the best. I feel like if I were half the guy who he is, that wouldn’t be too bad.

HC: What do you hope to accomplish before the end of this year?

BL: I want to really get to know as many people as I can. A part of being away at school is forming relationships with people. It’s not about the number of relationships that you have; it’s about the quality of the ones that you make.

HC: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

BL: I’m part of the international business school program. Hopefully I’ll have done my masters degree in five years (that’s the plan). I’m hoping to then get an internship in a smaller city in Florida, maybe Texas.

Single or Taken: Single

Favorite late night snack: Fruit Roll-Ups

Place you hope to travel to: Italy. I’ve been there once before because that’s where my family is from but I definitely hope to go back.

Hidden Talent: Masseuse

Guilty Pleasure: Honestly, I really like shows like the “Vampire Diaries” and “Greys Anatomy”

Favorite thing to do on the weekend: Every Thursday night I clean my room spotless so it’s ready for when all of my friends come over to hang out (I’m a bit of a neat freak)

Favorite Waltham Hotspot: Not Your Average Joe’s. I really like the food there. All I need is good food, a good gym, and a comfy bed and I’ll be content.

Brittany is a senior at Brandeis University. She loves looking for exciting new volunteer opportunities in and around her community, spreading school spirit working in Brandeis admissions, and sharing memories from her semester abroad in Denmark. In her free time, you might find her browsing Spotify for new music, scouting out hole-in-the-wall food joints, or face-timing with her eleven year old brother. Check her out on Instagram @britt_wolfe for snapshots of her life and if you're hungry, check out her foodstagram @diningonthedaily!
I am a double major in Anthropology and International/Global Studies with a minor in Creativity, the Arts, and Social Transformation at Brandeis University. As a native Southern Californian, I have a born passion for avocados and an innate dread of cold weather. In my free time I love cooking (with avocados of course), drawing and writing.