Brandeis Dance Marathon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Grab some friends and a comfortable pair of shoes because this Saturday is the Brandeis Dance Marathon!  On December 3rd in Levin Ballroom, Deisans will come together and dance to raise money for the Children’s Hospital Boston. The event starts at 7:30 pm and ends the following morning at 7:00 am. But don’t worry, not only can you take breaks as frequently as you want, but you are also free to come and go throughout the event. However, registration does have a cut-off time at 7:00 am on December 4th.

Over one hundred students have already signed up for this event, so it is a guarantee that it will be a fun night. How can it not be with so many of us trying to shake off the stress of finals? The event’s goal is to raise $6,000, and around 40% of that has been achieved, so your contribution is needed!

To register, just go to http://www.helpmakemiracles.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donordrive.eventDetails&eventID=993 and click on the “register now” button. The site will take you through a simple step-by-step process. You can signup alone, request to join a dance team, or even sign up with your own team. It is only $5 to register. And if you really don’t consider yourself much of a dancer, there is also a “donate to this event” option. Every dollar counts!

Going out and dancing all night with your friends is a great way to get your mind off of the quickly approaching finals, and it’s for a great cause. Young kids from Children’s Hospital Boston will even be there to cheer you on and thank you for all you’re doing to support the cause. Also, it wouldn’t be a Brandeis event if there wasn’t going to be any food served, so don’t worry, you’ll be nice and energized to keep yourself dancing through the night. Hope to see you all there! Grab some food and see if you can dance all night!