This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Year: 2015

Hometown: Katonah, NY

Relationship Status: Single

Major and Minor: Anthropology Major, minoring in Elementary Education Teacher Certification Program and Education Studies

Her Campus: What are you involved in on campus?

Ariana Schachne: I am a coordinator for Tutoring in Public Schools (T.I.P.S), a Waltham Group program, the head facilitator for Clubs in Service, an Orientation Leader and the co-president of the Skydiving Club.

HC: What do you do for Clubs In Service?

AS: Clubs in Service helps non-service clubs get involved in community service on the Brandeis campus or in Waltham. We recently had Stanley Family Night, which was a carnival put on by Brandeis students for the elementary school students of Stanley Elementary School.  We had over 150 volunteers and 150 guests.  There were different activities such as A cappella groups, sports, and arts and crafts.

HC: When did you first get involved with Waltham Group?

AS: I started T.I.P.S my first semester here and became coordinator my sophomore year.

HC: What is your favorite part about being involved in Waltham Group?

AS: I love that we are able to give everyone a chance to do community service.  In Waltham Group, we have programs that draw in a variety of people, from all different majors and minors.  I like being able to give everyone the opportunity to get involed.

HC: Where are you studying abroad?

AS: Copenhagen, Denmark.

HC: What are you most excited for?

AS: I am really excited to travel abroad and gain a new perspective on life.  I am studying child development and looking at how children are raised in different cultures. I will get to volunteer in elementary school classroom in Denamrkar and Turkey, which should be very interesting. 

HC: What is one quirk people don’t know about you?

AS: I have a lot of interesting food habits. For example, when I eat Skittles, I eat them in a certain color order.

HC: What is something about you that makes you unique?

AS: I have been skydiving three times.  Most people who even try skydiving, only go once and are done with it, but I just keep going.

HC: What is it about skydiving that you love?

AS: There is so much freedom in it. Once you are in the air, you are so focused on that moment and nothing else. I strongly believe that everyone should go skydiving!

Favorite:

Movie: Grease

TV Show:  How I Met Your Mother

Off-Campus Spot: Boston

On-Campus Spot: I am always in the SCC, but I love the Boston view by the Castle

Music: Andy Grammar 

I am a Junior at Brandeis University who is passionate about writing and who loves surfing the web for useful articles and having fun doing what I like. 
Andrea is a sociology major with minors in journalism and women's and gender studies. She is currently finishing her senior year at Brandeis University. She was born and reared in Los Angeles, CA, which does mean that she is a die-hard Laker fan… Sorry Bostonians. When Andrea is not routing on her favorite basketball team, she dedicates her time to her many passions. They include reading and writing about fashion, traveling, exploring new restaurants, spending time with friends, watching reality television (she has a weak spot for Bravo), shopping, and working out.