This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Massachusetts is such an amazing state to go to school in, as it has metropolitan Boston as well as scenic views. When you’re looking for an adventure, so much is possible with student accessibility to zipcars, public transportation, and even ride-share apps. Here is a list of day trips that can be driven to from campus in under an hour! 

1. Honey Pot Hill Orchards 

1. Only a little over a half-hour away from Brandeis campus sits Honey Pot Hill Orchards. Despite being known for its apple picking, the orchards offer a variety of fruits, from pears to even blueberries. The orchards have various activities in both summer and fall, such as mazes and playing with farm animals. Just check their website for their calendar of events!

(Photo by Natalie Grainger on Unsplash)

1. Wrentham Village Premium Outlets 

1. One of the benefits of being in Mass. is not having sales tax on clothing –– something to take advantage of! The Wrentham outlets, only 40 minutes away, has a wide variety of stores, such as Kate Spade and Nike, with great prices and deals! 

1. Fall Views! 

1. If you’re looking out for signs of New England’s autumn, head to Walden Pond in Concord, MA, which is about 20 minutes away. The changing leaves are complemented by the serene lake that lies in front. 

(Photo by Aaron Burden on Unsplash)

1. Beach Views 

1. Marblehead, MA is a small seaside town combining quaintness with the alluring sea and boat views. The town is only about 50 minutes away from campus, makes the perfect getaway, especially around sunset!

[my photo of Marblehead, MA at sunset] 

1. Last but not least, Boston itself

1. Boston is such a great city because it offers something for everyone: arts, good eats, and outdoor spaces. An area that has transformed into a more and more popular one is Seaport: in warmer weather, it’s an amazing place to walk around and take in the city lights over the water. (If you go before 10/4/19, an added bonus is the Glossier pop up shop in Boston that is currently in Seaport!) 

(Photo by Lance Anderson on Unsplash)

Deepali Sastry

Brandeis '21

Brandeis '21; amateur photographer; CS & Psych
Emily Rae Foreman is a senior at Brandeis University studying Internationals and Global (IGS) studies with a double minor in Economics and Anthropology. She has been acting President of Her Campus Brandeis for two years, as well as a tour guide, an Undergraduate Department Representative for IGS, A writer for the Brandeis Politics Journal and Vice President of the Brandeis Society for International Affairs.