9 Reactions to Dining Hall Food From a Midyear

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

At first, the dining hall looks like a place of wonder, where all your food dreams can come true.

When the options overwhelm you so you don’t know if you want breakfast, lunch, dinner or all of the above at the same time. 

Then, you realize that their might be only a few edible options on a daily basis.

When you check the menu and see that they are having biscuits at dinner this week. 

When you look at a dish and then you look at the title and you just stand there like. 

Then you remember that regardless of what they’re serving for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, Lucky Charms is always a viable option.

When you wonder if Brandeis will turn you into a vegetarian because the meat is always a mystery.

Eating a meal for the first time from curritos and realizing this will be your saving grace for the entire semester.

Knowing that the enigma that is dining hall food only makes your Brandeis experience that much more authentic.

I am a double major in Anthropology and International/Global Studies with a minor in Creativity, the Arts, and Social Transformation at Brandeis University. As a native Southern Californian, I have a born passion for avocados and an innate dread of cold weather. In my free time I love cooking (with avocados of course), drawing and writing.