5 Ways to Get Involved With Kindness Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

November 12th is Brandeis Kindness Day! That’s right- Brandeis has a day dedicated to showing appreciation to those around you. Even though everyday should be Kindness Day, this day is special because Brandeis puts together lots of events and opportunities to show random acts of kindness and to give thanks to those who deserve it.  Everyone deserves to know that they are appreciated, so below are a few ways to get involved. A simple thank you goes a long way!

1.     Postcards

Every year, Brandeis puts together a postcard event for students to send appreciative postcards to friends and strangers.  Students can write a thankful note to anyone, and it will be sent to the recipient’s Brandeis mailbox. There are various pick-up and drop-off locations throughout the day, so be sure to check out the Brandeis Kindness Day website here.

2.     Blankets for Cradles to Crayons

Students may stop by the SCC atrium from 9am-5pm to help tie “no sew” fleece blankets for the organization Cradles to Crayons.  This organization benefits children who are homeless and are living in low-income situations by providing the essentials they need to live.  This event does not require much time, so be sure to stop by the SCC atrium during the day to help a hand in benefiting children in need!

3.     Activity books for Boston Children’s Hospital

At this event, students can assemble and design a children’s book and other activities for those children in need at Boston Children’s Hospital.  Bring your creativity and imagination to the SCC atrium from 9-5, so you can cheer up a child in need!

4.     Cards for Alzheimer’s Caregivers

Since November is Caregiver Appreciation Month, S.E.A.D. has paired with Jewish Family and Children’s Services to put on this event in the SCC atrium from 9-5.  At this event, students will be able to send thank you cards to those caregivers for those with Alzheimer’s.  

5.     Tell those you love thank you!

There are various other activities on campus throughout the day that are easy ways to show your appreciation.  However, there is no better way to show your appreciation and love for those who support you and are kind to you than to tell him yourself. So call your parents, your siblings, your family, your friends to tell them that you appreciate them and love them, as they are the ones who support you through everything.  This day is all about spreading kindness and love, and this is the easiest way to do it!

Check out the Kindness Day website for information and more ways to get involved!