5 Reasons You Should Join HC at Brandeis

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Her Campus at Brandeis was established in 2010 and has since established a recognizable image on campus.  Most everybody on campus can tell you about a friend of a friend who was profiled on our site or wrote an article for us. If you’ve ever thought about writing for us, here are five reasons you should definitely stop by one of our meetings: 

Writing For Fun

Our writers are lucky to write about almost anything they want from fashion and current events to campus life and pop culture.  We have some writers that favor more formal editorial style writing and others that love compiling listicles filled with LOL worthy GIFs.  And of course we have writers that love to switch it up every week.  Whatever your preference may be, you can be sure that at HC at Brandeis, writing will be fun and hopefully stress free!  

Published Work

As part of the HC at Brandeis team, you’ll have the weekly opportunity to have your work published on our site! This is great way to get your name out there and begin dabbling in the world of online media.  Plus, it’s a wonderful resume builder. 

Team Bonding

This semester, HC at Brandeis is committed more than ever to creating a palpable sense of community within our chapter.  Baking nights, movie nights, dinners, and outings in Boston are a few of our favorite things to do together.  It’s a great way to meet new people and make friends with shared interests.    

Leadership Opportunities

Nearly every year HC at Brandeis sends off graduating writers, editors and social media gurus, leaving plenty of leadership opportunities for newer chapter members.  We are currently looking for two or three individuals to add to our editing team!

Her Campus Network

As a chapter of the HC family, we have the wonderful support of our sister chapters as well as the national HC organization.  As a result, writers are able to network and seek job and internship opportunities within the organization and beyond by using the HC name.  Not a shabby way to start a career in online media!

Did we convince you? We meet weekly on Wednesdays at 7PM in SCC 315. For more questions email brandeis@hercampus.com. Can’t wait to see you at our next meeting! 

I am a double major in Anthropology and International/Global Studies with a minor in Creativity, the Arts, and Social Transformation at Brandeis University. As a native Southern Californian, I have a born passion for avocados and an innate dread of cold weather. In my free time I love cooking (with avocados of course), drawing and writing.