This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bradley U chapter.

As summer is slowly approaching, the first thing I’m excited about is the well-needed break from school. 

This semester has been exhausting especially with no spring break. I know I have suffered from the mental exhaustion of just two simple no homework days. To further understand why the two homework days were no help, read this article by Allison Nick, which proves why a mental break was needed. 

Besides me kicking my feet up and enjoying doing absolutely nothing with my life, I am also looking forward to trying new restaurants in Chicago. Tik Tok has made me realize that there are so many hidden gems within my city that I can’t wait to try.

I have become weirdly obsessed with cute brunch places to go-to for the past month. Maybe it has something to do with me being able to order mimosas this year. 

I am also looking forward to traveling this summer. With the pandemic hitting around last year, it made me realize that life is short and to enjoy the ride while you can. So, I am pushing myself to explore the world a little more now. I have no idea the destination just yet, but I know it’s going to be a blast. 

Speaking of exploring, the summertime is the perfect opportunity for me to try new hair colors for cute photo opportunities. The reason behind this is because during the semester, I usually don’t have a lot of free time to try out different styles. Also, if you don’t like the way your hair turns out, most of your peers won’t be able to see it, so it’s the perfect opportunity to experiment with colors. 

I also can’t wait to see my friends from back home because we go to different colleges, so the only time we see each other is during the breaks. What I mean by that is because some of my other friends attend colleges in different states, it’s more difficult to see them. Therefore, when Winter or Summer Break comes around we are able to catch up or go out to have fun. It’s a great way for all of us to stay connected. 

The last thing I am looking forward to is trending summer music. I love when artists drop albums for fans to enjoy. I would love to go to a concert, but I know things are uncertain because of the pandemic. 

My overall goal for the summer is to be happy, enjoy the sunlight and go on different adventures to create memories.

Kianna Goss

Bradley U '22

Hi my name is Kianna, I am a journalism major with a double minor in sociology and advertising with public relations. I enjoy creative writing, traveling, and trying out new recipes.
Allison is the Campus Correspondent and the Founder of the Bradley University chapter of Her Campus. She is a senior at Bradley majoring in Journalism and Social Media Marketing with a minor in Management & Leadership. In her free time she enjoys baking, hiking, or curling up on the couch with her cats.