This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bradley U chapter.

I’m so hyped to talk about the Puppy Bowl! This was my first time every watching and reading about it. I first do want to acknowledge the reason they have it, which is to encourage adoption. They try to show some of the animals that are currently up for adoption and to help them find homes! The ones you see on the teams for the puppy bowl are not normally the ones that they are trying to find homes for. They normally film the puppy bowl in advance in October. They do show the ones that make it to the game in other segments throughout the show so we can still see their cute faces!

Alright, let’s get to the fun part! I’ll tell you who was on the different teams this year! There were two teams which was team fluff and team ruff. On team ruff we had Button and Gilbert who are actually siblings! That’s so adorable! We also had Sugar Lump, Jimmy Kibble, Emma, Joey, Bandit and MooCow! On team fluff we had Asiago, Marshmallow, Tailon Hurts, Josh Allenhound, Juniper, and Eggs and Bacon! These were just some of the puppies that were on the teams since there were 90 puppies taking part this year! I really couldn’t tell you which team I was rooting for because I just thought of the puppies were so cute! As a child, I grew up on a ranch with so many animals. I actually had two German Shepards which was super fun! I do have to admit though that I’m actually a cat person. I do love dogs though, even if it’s not as much as cats. I’m sadly allergic to cats, so if I wanted a pet in the future, I would get a dog. It would lowkey be a cool thing though to be able to adopt one of the puppies that was on the puppy bowl show!

It was just so cute watching the dogs try to score touchdowns! They were all getting so distracted by the other toys and being cute that I even forgot they were playing football. It’s just fun to watch the dogs play against each other and watch as the battle to score points! Honestly, all of the dogs were so cute, and it was giving me puppy fever!

I just really am happy that they are trying to help dogs find a permanent home because there are so many animals that are getting poorly treated or are wondering the streets. It’s really sad to know that there are so many animals that don’t have homes that need them. I think the puppy bowl is honestly a fantastic way to make a difference. Regardless of if you watch sports or not, this is a great event to help promote.

Referee Dan Schachner was actually fostering one of the puppies which was even cooler! He mentioned that the one he was fostering was named Biscuit! How cute of a name is that?! Animal Planet does have so interesting names for the other dogs, but they also do have some cute ones! I love how they get really creative with the dogs that are siblings.

Overall, it was a really fun experience getting to watch all of the dogs play! I found it pretty therapeutic. It’s also just so chaotic and entertaining because you truly can’t predict what’s going to happen. I think it makes it so much more interesting because dogs honestly have a mind of their own, and that makes it so much better. If you ever get the chance, you can watch clips of the puppy bowls on Youtube so you can get a better understanding of the awesomeness!

Kaia Wolfe

Bradley U '25

Hello, my name is Kaia Wolfe! I'm currently a second year and majoring in Special Education at Bradley University. This is my second year at Her Campus and I'm extremely excited to be writing for them. In my free time, I enjoy reading outside or in the library. I love going to coffee shops and trying out new foods or drinks. I did theatre for most of high school, including being the actress, directing my own one act, lights, sound, and I even worked with costumes a tad. For me, writing allows me to be expressive and as creative as I want. It's one of my favorite hobbies and I'm so glad to be able to share my pieces with you!