Spring Break is just around the corner, and if you're anything like me, you're already getting your playlists ready for your down time - whether it's on a flight, on the beach or in your living room. If you're unsure of what to listen to, here are some song suggestions based on your Spring Break plans.
If you're headed down to the beach, you are about to be welcomed by warmth, relaxation and plenty of fun in the sun, so your playlist should match that. Here are three songs perfect for the vacation lifestyle.
1. "Toes" by Zac Brown Band - If you've ever sat on a beach (like ever), you know that this song is the musical version of that feeling. It's perfect for relaxing in the sand and soaking up the sun.
2. "C'est La Vie" by Surfaces and Thomas Rhett - While this song is more about the country lake life than a coastal vacation, the message is the same: live your life and take it all in. Your beach vacation is the perfect place to do that.
3. "Summer on You" by PRETTYMUCH - It's not quite summer yet, but it can't hurt to pretend while Spring Breaking in paradise. This song is perfect for dancing, lounging or any other activities you had in mind.
Every road trip needs a playlist full of those "screaming-til-you-can't-speak" type of songs. Here are three song suggestions that are sure to have you singing your heart out on the open road.
1. "Since U Been Gone" by Kelly Clarkson - This classic from a pop icon cannot be ignored when it comes over the aux. Don't lie, you know every single word, so get ready for the ultimate carpool karaoke.
2. "Life is a Highway" by Rascal Flatts - You can't take a highway drive without blasting the highway anthem. Whether you know it from "Cars" or you're just a die-hard country fan, this song is sure to be a hit with everyone.
3. "Heaven Angel" by The Driver Era - If you're less of a scream-singer and more of a chill road-tripper, this song is the one for you. It's the perfect combination of clever lyrics and a beat that will get your passengers bobbing their heads.
When I think of a staycation, I think of relaxing with my pets, hanging out with hometown friends or spending hours reconnecting with my favorite hobbies. Here are three chill songs that need to be added to your playlist for the home bodies out there.
1. "You Should Be Sad - Acoustic" by Halsey - Not that staying home is sad by any means (in fact it can be very needed for us college students), but this song is great for setting the calming staycation mood.
2. "Pasta" by New Rules - Whether you're spending time in the kitchen or not, this song is ideal for creating a serene, thoughtful environment. It may be cheesy at first, but give it a try and you're sure to fall in love with the message.
3. "The Most Beautiful Things" by Tenille Townes - It can be easy to compare your staycation to others who are traveling to beautiful places, but your staycation can be beautiful too. Let this song serve as your reminder to live life your own way.