The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bradley U chapter.

Innisfree is a Korean skincare brand that was founded in 2000 by Sunghawn Suh. The beneficial ingredients come from Jeju Island in Korea. It was there that he was able to conduct a field made for harvesting green tea.

I will first disscuss my love about the Jeju volcanic pore scrub foam face wash. The cleansing foam has small scrub particles which are formed from Jeju volcanic clusters. This is to help cleanse pores while also exfoliating. When you exfoliate, it means that you remove dead skin cells from the layer of skin. It’s important to exfoliate but you shouldn’t use a scrub more than once every two to three weeks. It can be extremely damaging to the skin if used too often. I personally have been using Innisfree for the last three years and there isn’t a product I don’t love. What I like about this foaming scrub is that it’s gentle on my skin and the particles aren’t too rough against it. I have extremely sensitive skin. On top of that, it’s a combination of oily and dry. So I find this helpful when I notice my skin isn’t as smooth. It also smells extremely nice and since you don’t use it very much, it lasts a long time.

Another great product they have is the Innisfree green tea foaming cleanser. This product helps brighten, hydrate and cleanse the skin. It foams up quite a lot so you shouldn’t use more than a dime size. It will leave your skin feeling squeaky clean (it tends to make your skin feel tightened, so if you don’t like that feeling then I don’t recommend this product) and refreshed. As stated from the Innisfree website itself, it talks about how “this highly enriched foam uses water and extracts from organically grown fresh green tea leaves to infuse skin with needed amino acids and minerals while washing off dirt, makeup residue and impurities from pores.” Again, this product gets the job done by helping to clear out pores and works really well for dry/oily skin. You can use this both for your morning and night routine. I prefer to use this at night since I find it a little more intense than my other cleanser. After a long day of being outside and working out, this really helps to make sure that there isn’t any dirt left and a toner can get rid of any remainder.

One of my favorite products is the Innisfree green tea sees eye cream. I, again, have been using it for the last three years. For me, I have pretty bad dark circles and when I forget to use my eye cream, I notice when my skin isn’t as bright and my eyes tend to be puffier. I love the scent and also green tea helps to prevent wrinkles. It’s very hydrating and doesn’t dry the skin out. It’s also great because it’s not greasy and absorbs into the skin nicely. Also, I’ve never broken out from using this product which is great. If you do break out from a product though, it is completely normal. Our skin needs time to adjust to using the products and it can take a while for our skin to get used to it. If you are having allergic reactions or continue to have major breakouts after about three to four weeks, then I recommend discontinuing the use of the product.

The last product I recommend and are super fun to use are their face masks. For those that are extremely invested in skincare, I recommend using masks about three to four times a week. There are many different types of masks and they all serve certain purposes. For this article though, I’m going to be broadly speaking about their masks since I’ve used many different ones. I would recommend looking up what ingredients focus on what aspects if you have a certain goal for your skin. Some of the things that the masks address for various skin concerns include darkening, aging, revitalizing, blemishes, dryness, etc. Some of the ones I’ve used are the green tea, bamboo, cucumber, aloe, rice and the lime mask. They have left my skin glowing and rehydrated. They are relatively on the higher end depending on where you get them but I say it’s worth the investment because of the quality of the mask. It’s important to have ingredients that will benefit your skin and also not cause irritation. So if you are considering looking into Korean skincare, Innisfree is a great brand to start with.

Kaia Wolfe

Bradley U '25

Hello, my name is Kaia Wolfe! I'm currently a second year and majoring in Special Education at Bradley University. This is my second year at Her Campus and I'm extremely excited to be writing for them. In my free time, I enjoy reading outside or in the library. I love going to coffee shops and trying out new foods or drinks. I did theatre for most of high school, including being the actress, directing my own one act, lights, sound, and I even worked with costumes a tad. For me, writing allows me to be expressive and as creative as I want. It's one of my favorite hobbies and I'm so glad to be able to share my pieces with you!