Taylor Swift Lover Record
Taylor Swift Lover Record
Original photo by Taylor Gabrovic

My Top 15 Taylor Swift Bridges

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bradley U chapter.

Originally this was only supposed to be My Top 10 Taylor Swift Bridges but being the massive Swiftie I am, my plans obviously changed. In this list I will be describing why I love all of the songs and bridges, along with why they deserve the ranking they got. You can disagree if you want, but my mind is made up.

1. Marjorie

Marjorie has to be my all time favorite Taylor Swift bridge because of the connection that I have to the song. In February of 2021, my grandma passed away and I just recently got a tattoo with her handwriting. The bridge about watching her sign her grandmother’s name hit home with me along with the grocery store receipts. After I got my license, I always got asked to go grocery shopping with my grandma. While it seems like a simple outing, she always made it feel like an adventure. She allowed me to buy any desserts I wanted which was also a plus.

2. Sparks Fly

Okay, maybe I’m a little biased with this one because Sparks Fly is my all-time favorite Taylor Swift song, but everyone has to admit that the bridge to this song is amazing. It literally makes me want to drop everything and kiss someone in the rain. I think my favorite part of the bridge is when she says she’s captivated by the person she’s with, like a firework show. It’s so full of love and being amazed by the person you are with and I love it.

3. Death By A Thousand Cuts

This entire bridge just makes me want to find someone and scream it in their face. The repetition of everything that was taken from her by someone just makes me want to scream. This song is definitely on my ‘don’t drive to’ playlist because I get so into the lyrics.

4. Afterglow

I love this bridge for a multitude of reasons but my main one is that it reminds me of two characters in a movie fighting. It’s easy to think about different movie scenes while listening to the song and wanting to write different short stories (at least for me it is). Either way, the bridge is magical and feels like a sunset fading behind the horizon.

5. Right Where You Left Me

While this song isn’t meant to be a dance song and actually Taylor is dealing with a breakup, I can’t help but want to dance to the bridge and the entirety of the song. It’s something about the song where I just want to dance around and clap to the beat and go through all the emotions with Taylor and process a fake breakup that never happened. Especially with how slow the bridge gets. It’s almost like she’s letting us pause and process the emotions with her.

6. The Lakes

My dream job involves me traveling around the world and experiencing different cultures and the bridge reminds me of this. Another memory that the bridge brought back was my vacation in Gatlinburg, Tennessee, staying up in the mountains and experiencing one of the most amazing sunsets and views in the world.

7. The Archer

I love this bridge because it expertly describes what it feels like to experience social anxiety in a large group. I can relate to the panic and franticness in her voice when she worries that people can see through the facade that she had built for herself. When I’m feeling stressed or nervous, I put this song on and feel my emotions through this song and bridge.

8. Call It What You Want

I LOVE this bridge because of how sweet and simple it is. Despite hating romantic comedy movies and finding the most cliche stuff disgusting, I am actually a hopeless romantic about the simplest things. Her wanting to wear his initial around her neck because of how well he knows her is the cutest thing that I have ever heard. If someone asked me to wear their initial, I would do it in a heartbeat.

9. Don’t Blame Me

I’m a big Harry Styles fan along with being a big Taylor Swift fan so when the trend on Tiktok came along with all the Harry Styles edits to the bridge of this song, I fell back in love with the song. The bridge also makes me feel SO powerful. It makes me feel like I’m walking down the streets of New York or Chicago with the paparazzi following me.

10. Speak Now

I love this bridge because I actually love the beat of the song and how patterned it is. Taylor had the ability to paint a picture through her singing and that’s exactly what she did during this bridge. The way her voice  got really light and airy was  amazing and helped with the atmosphere of the song.

11. My Tears Ricochet

First of all, this entire song makes me want to lay in the street in the rain but this bridge makes me want to just collapse wherever I am. It’s something about being unable to return home that ironically hits home for me. Being away at college has been a little hard sometimes and listening to this song makes me miss the simple things of my hometown and my friends from back in my childhood.

12. This Is Me Trying

Growing up I struggled with anxiety, so listening to the bridge when I’ve experienced those feelings that she talks about hits very close to my heart. It really is hard to go out and be with friends and be at parties when you feel so awful when you are supposed to be happy. On the plus side, I’m able to deal with feelings through Taylor Swift and through the emotions she puts into this song.

13. Cruel Summer

The feeling this bridge gives me is like no other. All I want to do is listen to this in the car with all the windows down while screaming along to the lyrics. It fills me with adrenaline and excitement and I just want to scream along to it while racing down a country road.

14. Paper Rings

I love this bridge because of how cute it is and how excited she gets when talking about running away with the one that she loves. It is very adorable. I want to feel those things about someone and want to run away with them like Taylor does and experience all that happiness and love.

15. Tolerate It

This bridge helps me relate to the longing of wanting to be appreciated by people in your life, romantic or platonic. It sucks when you give more to someone and don’t get enough back and you doubt who you are as a person. This song is easy to put on and process life and emotions while writing or reading.

Madalyn is an aspiring television arts major who wants to make documentaries in her future. In her free time she loves writing. Her writing ranges from short stories to fun journal entries. She joined Her Campus as an outlet to share her stories and write about different issues in a free and accepting space.