Style > Beauty

My Honest Review of Clinique’s Moisture Surge

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bradley U chapter.

After two weeks of use, I have decided that I am not the biggest fan of Clinique’s Moisture Surge 100h Auto-Replenishing Hydrator. This seems to be an unpopular opinion with the girls at Her Campus at Bradley U, but it just isn’t for me.

I would also like to say before my full review my usual skincare routine consists of Cerave Face Wash at night and Up&up’s face moisturizer from Target twice a day. My routine isn’t perfect, but it’s just what I like to do. Also during the time of using this product, I was on my period, which could have been affecting my skin, but I’m not 100% sure.

Now, my two biggest complaints about this product are that my skin still felt dry while using it and my skin broke out more than usual.

My skin felt so dry the entire time I was using it, which was the main reason I stopped using it. Every time I applied some, I felt the need to apply more a few minutes later. It was very frustrating. After I gave up using it on my face, I did a test where I put my usual moisturizer on one hand and the Clinique moisturizer on the other. I did this for three days, and the one with Clinique was much dryer than my usual face moisturizer. Which is why I feel I might be allergic to something in this product or that I might have the wrong skin type.

Now, about the acne. I was on my period at some point during the two weeks I was using this — this could have affected my acne — but I still felt like I was breaking out more than usual. My skin just felt overall dry and irritated. This was disappointing because of the high hopes I had for this product, but I couldn’t keep using it.

Overall, while my experience wasn’t the best, a lot of members in our chapter did have good experiences with this product. I would recommend using this product if you know it would be okay for your skin but make sure to do a small test strip first.

sophmore – 20 – keeping it simple – movie enjoyer