Menu Items I Do Not Recommend in Peoria

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bradley U chapter.

Now, I know what you all are thinking based on the title of this article. Your first thought might be “this girl is trying to make enemies,” or “who made her the judge of what foods are considered good?” Which are all valid points, but I am not trying to attack any restaurants. This article is just trying to tell you all which items you should stay away from on the menu! Trust me, you will thank me later. 

1. Culver’s burgers 

Don’t get me wrong, their custard and spicy chicken sandwiches are a win for me! But when it comes to their burgers, I think they need to retire. I don’t know what motor oil tastes like, but if I had to take a guess, it would be the same taste as Culver’s burgers. The grease drips from the meat and the meat has no flavor, therefore I would not recommend it. 

2. Bacci’s pizza and cheese fries

Everyone suggests eating Bacci’s to help sober you up after a long night of fun and bad decisions. But I am sorry, I would not eat from this restaurant on a drunk or sober night. The only good thing from this menu is their macaroni and cheese bites, which sounds weird but they are the only thing that would not make you feel like you are throwing up your entire stomach the next day. But stay far away from the pizza; the pizza is terrible because it sits out all day. I never knew cheese fries could be bad, but it tastes like I am eating a pile of cooking grease, so I highly do not recommend it. 

3. One world’s spicy cajun pasta 

Alright now hear me out on this one, it’s not that I don’t like other items on the menu because I do, I just hate this one. There is nothing spicy about this pasta, which is one reason I do not like it. Also, the pasta sauce has a bland taste to it, which makes the quality of the dish go down in my book. 

4. The Jerk Hut Mac & Cheese 

Now, I love jerk food, I even attempt to make my spin of jerk dishes at home. So, when the Jerk Hut came to Campustown, I was super excited to try out their food. However, when I got their mac and cheese as a side dish, it wasn’t my favorite. I am also a hard critic when it comes to mac and cheese because it’s my favorite Thanksgiving dish. The mac and cheese from this restaurant was just lacking more cheese to make the flavor pop. 

5. The Fieldhouse Bar & Grill spicy bbq traditional wings

I am a huge fan of traditional wings, just not the Fieldhouse wings. I love a good hot and sweet combo! The flavor is there, but the crunch was not there, the wings had a gummy/soft texture to them that I did not enjoy.

Kianna Goss

Bradley U '22

Hi my name is Kianna, I am a journalism major with a double minor in sociology and advertising with public relations. I enjoy creative writing, traveling, and trying out new recipes.