This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bradley U chapter.

While the weather might still have pops of snow, spring is upon us! The weather is starting to warm up just enough to ditch my heaviest coat. Flowers are starting to sprout around campus. For me, spring symbolizes a time of new beginnings and opportunities. I like to take advantage of the season by having a “spring reset.” Here are some tips on how to have one yourself!

1. Ditch the Clutter 

If you’re anything like me, your room ends up with a lot of “stuff” in it. Clothes from constantly going thrift shopping, loose sheets of paper everywhere and random junk that I just can’t seem to get rid of. Spring cleaning is a time to freshen up your space. Organize the items you want to keep, and ditch the ones that don’t really serve you anymore. I always feel better once my space is clean and (relatively) organized!

2. Feel Some Sunshine

With the weather getting a little bit warmer, now is a great time to spend some time outside! After being stuck indoors all of the winter season, I love taking long strolls outside. If you do it with friends, its a good social activity, and if you do it by yourself I notice that it helps to clear your head. It can be good for both your mental and physical health, so go out and feel the sunshine!

3. Grow Something New 

Springtime represents new growth — literally. So why not apply that to yourself? Challenge yourself to join a new club, start a hobby, read a book you’ve always wanted to check out or if you’re like me, get a new plant to take care of!

Have a good spring, and I hope you continue learning and growing in the new season!

Charlotte Tolly

Bradley U '25

Charlotte is a third year UX design major with a passion for art and writing. In her free time, you can find her baking, reading, or spending time with her friends.