Culture > News

Happy One Year Anniversary Bradley U!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bradley U chapter.

I interrupt your Spring Break for a very important announcement: Her Campus at Bradley U is officially one!

March 16, 2021, was our official launch day at Bradley University. We started as a small group, unsure of what to expect but fully taking a chance on ourselves.

I still remember being asked to get 100 signatures of support on our campus in just three days in order to officially start our organization. This scared me. I knew we had a dedicated group, but we were small and no one knew what Her Campus was quite yet. To my surprise, we gained over 200 signatures in just 12 hours.

It was at that moment that I knew this would be something special. And it has been.

Since we started one year ago, we have doubled the number of writers on our staff, published 180 articles (and counting) and covered topics we would have never dared to speak about in class. We have created a community filled with friendship, activism and a passion for creating. Maybe I’m biased, but this organization has been one of the best parts of my college career.

To our team: Thank you for taking a chance on this organization by believing in yourselves and one another. You inspire me every single day with every article you write, every post you share and every conversation we have. I know we’ve joked about what is next for you all, but I know that this organization is in good hands for years to come.

To our community: This would not have been possible without peers, professors and parents like you. Thank you for following us, for reading our articles and for your kind words to our staff. This organization belongs to you as much as it does to us.

I cannot believe that it’s already been one year, but I am so grateful for every moment. Here’s to another great year and many more to come! Cheers!

Allison is the Campus Correspondent and the Founder of the Bradley University chapter of Her Campus. She is a senior at Bradley majoring in Journalism and Social Media Marketing with a minor in Management & Leadership. In her free time she enjoys baking, hiking, or curling up on the couch with her cats.