5 Things To Do During Winter in Peoria, IL

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bradley U chapter.

If you’re anything like me, it can be hard to come up with fun things to do when it’s single-digit weather with a foot of snow. However, there’s actually a lot more to do than you think! So, here’s a list of things in Peoria, IL, that you can do during these cold winter months!

attend An Event at the Civic center

From Bradley Basketball games to concerts to markets, the Peoria Civic Center hosts a ton of events that are perfect for having fun while staying out of the cold! You can find upcoming events on their website.

Go Ice Skating at Owens Center

Ice Skating is the perfect winter activity! The Owens Center allows you to rent skates as well, so it’s super easy and a fun way to spend a few hours with friends!

Try All the Local Coffee Shops

If there’s one thing Peoria has a lot of, it’s great coffee shops. What better way to warm up from the cold than to grab a nice hot latte and pastry from a local coffee shop? You can also check out my article on the best coffee shops in the Peoria area! (I’ll be updating it soon!)

Visit the RiverFront Museum

Checking out all the galleries and exhibits at the Peoria Riverfront Museum is a perfect way to spend a chilly day, and you might even learn a thing or two! They also have some rotating exhibits, so you never know what you might find! Some previous favorites of mine include a Titanic exhibit and a Disney Animation exhibit!

Discover your Artistic side

Peoria is filled with art, so it’s only fitting that there are a variety of places to view or create art! Aside from the art galleries at the Riverfront Museum, Peoria is full of beautiful, diverse galleries including the Peoria Art Guild, Exhibit A Gallery and the Contemporary Art Center of Peoria, just to name a few.

BONUS: Stay Inside & avoid the cold

This one is definitely towards the top of my list! There’s nothing better than curling up with a blanket and hot cocoa on a snowy winter day. Indoor activities such as painting, reading or baking make for the perfect excuse to stay inside!

Kate is a Senior Mechanical Engineering student with a concentration in Biomedical Engineering at Bradley University. In her free time, she enjoys shopping, watching Netflix, working out, creating art projects, and cuddling with her dog and two cats. Kate is the Assistant Graphic Designer on Bradley University Her Campus's Social Media Team as well as Vice President of Epsilon Sigma Alpha, a member of Society of Women in Engineering, and a member of Bradley's Honors Program Advisory Council.