This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bowling Green chapter.

Spooky season is right around the corner, which means it is time to fetch the perfect doggie Halloween costume.

If you’re anything like me, you find your happiness in your pets. Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays, so naturally my dogs and I have to celebrate accordingly. The amount of joy my dressed-up dogs can bring to the people we come across is off-the-chart. But how do you pick? Where do you even buy something like a doggy costume? Look no further. Here are, in my opinion, the best pet Halloween costumes and the websites where you buy them.

1. Bumblebee

Your dog will get all of the holiday buzz dressed as a bee. Available at Target, this bee costume is one of the cutest things your dog can be. COME ON, look at the little head piece. To match, throw on a crown and together you could be “Queen Bee.” Kind of sounds like a no-brainer to me.

2. Professional Chef

Cook up some LOOKS with this Chef Pet Halloween outfit. I am so sorry, but this is one of the funniest things I have ever seen. Your dog might hate you, but those Instagram worthy photos will be worth it. This chef costume is available through Chewy’s website. Also, it should be noted that they also sell guinea pig costumes. Who knew?!?!

3. Lobster

Don’t be shellfish, I promise your dog is going to love this one. To continue with the restaurant vibes, your dog would fit right in as a Lobster. This would be especially perfect if you had multiple dogs, one as a chef and one as a lobster. Available at target, this lobster costume is sure to melt the heart of everyone around you. LOOK AT THE EYES. Seriously, just look at them.

4. Dumbo the Elephant

To all the Disney lovers out there, I got you. Your dog will be FLYING by the end of the night with all of the compliments and attention, especially from little kids. This costume, found on Chewy’s website, is perfect if you and your pup live in a place where trick or treaters are present!

5. Cowboy/ Cowgirl rider

Yee freaking haw. This country doggy halloween costume will knock everyone’s boots off. Available on Amazon.com, this is a must-have. This also gives you a perfect excuse to buy that aesthetic cowboy hat you have (secretly) been wanting. Can you name a better duo costume? I don’t think so.

6. Cow

Moooove over it’s time to milk it for what it’s worth. Dress your dog up as a cow for Halloween. Available on Chewy’s website, you don’t want to miss this pet cow costume. THE UTTERS. This would be perfect if you were to match your dog as a cowgirl. Like, come on! So precious.

7. Taco

Okay taco bout a good costume choice. This taco costume, available at Petco will be sure to be the whole package. Everyone loves dogs and everyone loves tacos. To me, all I see is win-win.

8. Hot Dog

I think the title for this one is pretty self explanatory. We all have hot dogs. Very fitting to dress them up as the food as well. This costume is pretty goofy so make sure your dog has a good sense of humor beforehand. Available at Target, this hot dog pet halloween costume is a must-have for the 2021 Halloween holiday.

9. Jail inmate

We all have had guilty dogs. Is your dog guilty for being too cute? Too bad? Too loud? This prisoner costume, found on Chewy’s website, is sure to cause some laughs this Halloween. 

10. STarbucks Latte

Is it weird going from a prisoner costume to a Starbucks latte? Maybe, but that is just how we do things around here. Available on Amazon, this latte pup costume is perfect for the season. Highly recommend this one, especially if one of your bonding activities is a trip through the Starbucks drive-thru to get your doggy a pup cup. There is even a STRAW HAT. I don’t think I can ever get over this.

I hope these help your pet Halloween needs. Good luck with the rest of your doggy costume search!

Alison Kaiser

Bowling Green '23

Hi! My name is Alison Kaiser and I am a third year Public Relations student at Bowling Green State University. I am passionate about positive and accurate brand representation and I am so excited to be involved with Her Campus!