Style > Decor

Squishmallow Hunting 101: 5 Places to Find and Buy Squishmallows

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bowling Green chapter.

Have you always been wanting a Squishmallow but you don’t know where to start looking? Don’t worry, I got you covered! Squishmallows are not only the rave with children but also with adults, including college students. They are not only squishy and comfortable to sleep with but they are also adorable, so adorable, many people collect rooms-full of them! Each Squish has a name and a corresponding biography that comes with them, making each one unique. Squishmallows are so popular that as soon as a retailer stocks them, they are sold out within a day, so it is a good idea to keep checking in at each store regularly if you are serious about finding one!

Here are some places to look:

Target

Target sells their own “target exclusive” squishmallows, which are not sold at any other retailer!

Kroger

Always check the “Seasonal” section at your local Kroger for Squishmallows! They are either in a big cardboard bin or on the shelves in that section!

Five Below

The awesome thing about Squishmallow’s being sold at Five Below is that they are only 5$! You can also download their app and frequently check if they are selling any online!

Learning Express

I like to call this store Squishmallow Central! If you are lucky enough to have a Learning Express near you, they are almost always stocked with squish compared to the other retail stores.

Online: Mercari, Depop, Facebook Groups

If you are not enticed by “hunting” for Squishmallows and you do not have the patience to wait to find the Squishmallow of your dreams, then download the Mercari and Depop Reselling apps to buy from other people! All you have to do is search the name of your desired squish and BOOM they should pop up right away (unless they are a really rare one). The only downside to getting a Squishmallow this way is you will most likely be paying more for it than if you were to buy it in store, but if you do not care about the money, this is the fastest way to get one, especially if there is a specific one you are looking for.

You can also join Squishmallow facebook groups specific to your area! Any time someone finds a store with Squishmallows, they will post it to the facebook group to help others buy Squish.

Happy Squishmallow Hunting!

Emily Durham

Bowling Green '21

Emily Durham is a Fifth year English Major with a Creative Writing Minor at Bowling Green State University. She is an Intersectional Feminist who enjoys writing things that will inspire others. Her dream is to write and publish a screenplay as well as a poetry novel, all while working as a high school english teacher. Her hobbies include writing, reading, hiking, vinyl collecting, and taking care of her indoor plants!