Entertainment

September 2021 Album Releases to Watch For

So far, 2021 has proved to be a great year for music releases. From new music by radio classics like ABBA, to hits from breakout artists like Olivia Rodrigo, our Spotify playlists have not been lacking new additions. As summer comes to an end, here are the September album releases that I think you should pre-save on every streaming platform you can.

September 10

Sad girl autumn is just around the corner and the new Kacey Musgraves album, Star-Crossed is sure to be the perfect soundtrack. James Blake also has a new album, Friends That Break Your Heart, that will likely make an appearance on many crying playlists. The British indie rock band, The Vaccines, will be releasing Back In Love City, their first release since 2018. And last but not least, The Band Camino is releasing their debut album that is sure to be a no-skip masterpiece.

September 17

Lil Nas X is ready for world domination with Montero, featuring songs with Megan Thee Stallion, Doja Cat, and Miley Cyrus. If you’re a Fleetwood Mac fan, you might want to note that Lindsey Buckingham will be releasing Lindsey Buckingham, his first solo work since 2011. Tony Award Winner, Cynthia Erivo, is releasing her debut album Ch. 1 Vs. 1 which is sure to showcase her amazing vocals.

September 24

Sufjan Stevens & Angelo De Augustine are releasing their first collaborative project, A Beginner’s Mind, that will be folksy and consist of songs based on popular films including Night of the Living Dead and Silence of the Lambs. X Ambassadors announced their third album Beautiful Liar that will also be worth a listen.

Let’s Listen:

Check out this playlist featuring singles from the albums mentioned in this article.
Anna Kubitz

Bowling Green '22

Anna is a student at Bowling Green State University studying Visual Communication Technology and minoring in Marketing. She is chapter President and Campus Coordinator of Her Campus at BGSU. She loves fashion, music, matcha lattes, and is passionate about creating beautiful things. Anna also creates midsize fashion and lifestyle content on Instagram, @annakubitz.