A Review of Taylor Swift’s “Lover” Album

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bowling Green chapter.

On August 23rd, Taylor Swift released her new album called Lover. The singer has released several albums throughout her career. While this album is the complete opposite of Reputation, it portrays of happier times of Swift’s life. Most fans think that this new album is about her newest boyfriend, Joe Alwin. 

If you have been a “swifty” like me, since the song “I Heart ?” released, I am sure you are going to love any latest release of T Swift. If you have listened to this new album, you probably have noticed that most of the songs have some awesome lyrics. The following lyrics are some of my personal favorites, alongside the song title. 

“In my feelings more than Drake, so yeah” – 0:24 of I Forgot That You Existed

“We can go driving on my scooter”-0:03 of London Boy

This song is obviously dedicated to Taylor’s boyfriend. My favorite line is the begining. When first listening to this song, I was caught off gaurd. I also like how Swift compliments her own home in the song as well. She exclaims that she is the “queen of Tennesee.” 

“Desperate people find faith, so now I pray to Jesus too.”-0:33 of Soon You’ll Get Better

When I first listened to this song, I cried. First of all, who doesn’t love the Dixie Chicks?! This song is focused on Taylor’s mom according to iheart radio. The song is dedicated to her mom, who is fighting cancer once again. This song makes me think back to her song, Best Day which was also dedicated to her mom. 

“Cause shade never made anybody less gay.”-1:46 of You Need To Calm Down

Before Taylor’s album released, we knew about this song already. According to CNN, Swift performed this song in New York City for all of her LGBTQ friends for pride month. Many stars including Katy Perry, Adam Lambert, Ellen, and Jesse Ferguson was even in the music video. 

There are obviously more tracks on the album, but there are just so many to choose from. All of the songs on the album Lover are great. Some of my other personal favorites are “Afterglow”, “False God”, and “It’s Nice to Have a Friend”. One strong suit of Swift is that she tells a story in most of her songs. These songs are great examples of this. 

Which new Taylor Swift song is your favorite?  

Lindsay is a campus correspondent for Her Campus at Bowling Green State University. She is a junior at Bowling Green State University, studying Human Development and Family Studies and Creative Writing. Lindsay is an active member of Falcon Miracles, formally known as Dance Marathon and H2O Church. In her free time, she can be found on campus in the HDFS lounge, exploring Perrysburg area or sitting at her favorite spot at Flatlands in downtown Bowling Green. Lindsay has high taste in home decor, fashion, and of course, coffee.