A Review of Taylor Swift's "Lover" Album

On August 23rd, Taylor Swift released her new album called Lover. The singer has released several albums throughout her career. While this album is the complete opposite of Reputation, it portrays of happier times of Swift’s life. Most fans think that this new album is about her newest boyfriend, Joe Alwin. 

If you have been a “swifty” like me, since the song “I Heart ?” released, I am sure you are going to love any latest release of T Swift. If you have listened to this new album, you probably have noticed that most of the songs have some awesome lyrics. The following lyrics are some of my personal favorites, alongside the song title. 

“In my feelings more than Drake, so yeah” - 0:24 of I Forgot That You Existed

Sarcastic GIFThis is found in 0:24 seconds of the song, “I Forgot That You Existed.” This is the very first track of the album. When I first listened to this song, I had to go back to this part of the song, because I thought I did not hear her correctly. She really did just quote Drake. Taylor shows off with this savage comment about forgetting an ex or a friend. I mean, we all love Drake and I am sure we all can relate to him at some point! 

“I’m drunk in the back of the car, and I cried like a baby coming home from the bar” -1:39 of Cruel Summer

This lyric is in the last parts of the song, “Cruel Summer.” Swift tells this story of being drunk in the summer. I am sure all women can relate to his scene. The song continues with “I don’t want to keep secrets just to keep you.” Also, “I love you, ain’t that the worst thing you ever heard.” Such art. 

“Can I go where you go? Can we always be this close forever and ever?” -0:44 of Lover

Couple Lights GIF by Taylor Swift

Lover the title and main single of Swift’s album. This is one of my favorite songs on the album. The whole song is just romantic and catchy.

"I would be complex, I would be cool. They'd say I'd play the field before I found someone to commit to."-0:10 of The Man 

Femenist Taylor slays again! Can we get a #tbt to Rhianna's If I Were A Boy? Every single song is a work of art. 

"We can go driving on my scooter"-0:03 of London Boy

Conan Obrien Conan25 GIF by Team CocoThis song is obviously dedicated to Taylor's boyfriend. My favorite line is the begining. When first listening to this song, I was caught off gaurd. I also like how Swift compliments her own home in the song as well. She exclaims that she is the "queen of Tennesee." 

"Desperate people find faith, so now I pray to Jesus too."-0:33 of Soon You'll Get Better

When I first listened to this song, I cried. First of all, who doesn't love the Dixie Chicks?! This song is focused on Taylor's mom according to iheart radio. The song is dedicated to her mom, who is fighting cancer once again. This song makes me think back to her song, Best Day which was also dedicated to her mom. 

"Cause shade never made anybody less gay."-1:46 of You Need To Calm Down

Tanning Sunbathing GIF by Taylor SwiftBefore Taylor's album released, we knew about this song already. According to CNN, Swift performed this song in New York City for all of her LGBTQ friends for pride month. Many stars including Katy Perry, Adam Lambert, Ellen, and Jesse Ferguson was even in the music video. 

There are obviously more tracks on the album, but there are just so many to choose from. All of the songs on the album Lover are great. Some of my other personal favorites are "Afterglow", "False God", and "It's Nice to Have a Friend". One strong suit of Swift is that she tells a story in most of her songs. These songs are great examples of this. 

Which new Taylor Swift song is your favorite?