This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bowling Green chapter.

Hey, it’s me.

I haven’t been able to hear your voice since we saw each other last and I already miss it. The last few days we had before you had to be sent overseas were full of so much love and happiness. I don’t want you to leave– no one really does. In fact, I don’t think you want to go either. But, I know you’re going to make all of us so proud. You have come so far, and I’m so grateful to have you in my life. I can’t wait to hear from you when you’re finally settled in. I promise to stay strong for the both of us. Much love.

It’s me again, officially it has been one month since you’ve gone away.

Everything seems so different without you constantly being here making me laugh. School seems to be going alright,I’m just trying to keep busy. I try to check in with your mother every now and then to make sure she’s doing alright. I know this is difficult for her as well. I can’t imagine how she feels deep down. It still honestly hasn’t hit me that you’re not here. I’m scared of what will happen when the harsh realization finally comes. As usual, I promise with all my heart to stay strong for us, and I pray each day for your safety. Much love.

Hey you.

It’s officially been half a year without you here. I know you said things are getting pretty intense on your end and you may not be able to talk for a while, but not to worry. I wish I could say that I’m doing okay, but I’m not. I haven’t been able to get out of bed or really do much of anything. I’ve begun going to counseling to help me combat this sad feeling. I know you want the best for me. I know you want me to stay strong. I just miss your voice so much. I miss everything about you. Your family misses you so much too. The thing getting me through are the memories we have accumulated over the past two years together. Through everything you’ve been my rock. Whenever you come home, I want to be able to be your rock. Through it all, I will try my best to still be strong. Please stay safe. Much love.

Hey stranger.

It’s crazy to think you’ll finally be coming home soon! I can’t believe it’s already been a year. You have made all of us so proud that you made it through this deployment. I know some of our friends weren’t as lucky. I know you’re going to feel like a completely different person when you’re back home– and you might want your own space. I totally respect that. I promise I will be there for anything you might need. I will be your rock through it all. You are an incredibly strong individual and the army is so fortunate to have you serving for them. I can’t wait to catch you up on everything you’ve missed that maybe I couldn’t fit in these letters. I kept my promise through everything, because you have showed me what being strong truly is. I love you so very much, and thank you for your service.

Taylor Eureste is a fifth year Fashion Merchandising and Product Development (FMPD) student at Bowling Green State University. They love to write and read various articles that help lift other young women up in today's society. Eureste is a huge advocate for Latinx and LGBTQ+ youth as well as women empowerment on their college campus. They hopes that they can inspire someone with their words or at the very least make someone's day a little better.