This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bowling Green chapter.

If you’re someone who’s constantly on TikTok, then you may have heard clips of Hemlocke Springs’ new song “Girlfriend.”

So, who is Hemlocke Springs?

Hemlocke Springs Instagram

Hemlocke Springs is a 23-year old indie-pop artist from North Carolina, as well as a Masters student at Dartmouth College! She first came into the scene in May of 2022, where she released her first single, “gimme all ur luv.” According to her TikTok, creating music has been a hobby of her since high school, but when the pandemic hit, she decided to share it with the world to see what would happen.

gimme all ur luv

“Gimme all ur luv” is her first single, which blew up on TikTok. The beginning of the song features a soft voice with slow drums and dreamy musical elements. About halfway through, the song begins to pick up slightly, with a fun electric keyboard sweeping in the background. Although the song has a very 80s vibe, the ending features “shoo-wops,” teleporting the song into a 50s/60s feel. The song has reached over a million streams on Spotify.

Listen on Spotify

Girlfriend

Sticking with the 80s pop feel, Hemlocke Springs has released her newest single, “girlfriend,” on November 2. The eccentric song features a fun electronic keyboard traveling from ear to ear and her soft voice rings through your ears. Then, some fun, poppy drums come in during the first verse. Her vocal inflections bring variety into the song, as it continues on with its fun beat. Arguably, the bridge is even more fun than the song, as it picks up and really showcases a song you can dance to.

Listen on Spotify

Moral of the story, listen to hemlocke springs!

Hemlocke Springs is an indie artist we need! Her personality shines through her music as well as her TikTok! She creates music that is not only fun to listen and dance to, but will also be an earworm (in the best way possible)! I’ve been listening to “girlfriend” on repeat and cannot wait to see what is next for her!

You can find her on Instagram, Twitter and TikTok @hemlockesprings.

Makenna Flores

Bowling Green '25

Makenna has a passion for writing and social media. You can catch her watching a show, keeping up with news including all things pop culture, or with a book in her hand. She believes in fighting for what is right and making sure important topics are coming into light.