This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bowling Green chapter.

Music is such an essential in my everyday life and as the weather has been changing, I have been unable to decide what my “music mood” is.  I just want to listen to ALL the music, ALL the time. This fall, I am finding such a wild variety of go-to-tunes on my playlist and I wanted to share with you some of the highlights. 

Lizzo~

We have to talk about her.  You know you love her, it’s okay, we all do.  When I am in need of someone to hype me up, get me excited, make me feel like I can conquer the world (or even just my Monday morning) she has my back.  God bless her soul. When I am looking for a hype squad and my gal pals aren’t around, my girl Lizzo never fails me. Add it to your workout playlist, guaranteed to help you go the extra mile.

Ron Pope~

Does anyone remember this album? Circa 2008, but I didn’t discover it until my freshman year of high school.  Listening to some throwback Ron Pope has been making me feel ALL sorts of nostalgic this fall. It is just a sweet, feel good, easy to listen to the album, that brings out all the memories and feels for me. If your 2008 self wasn’t listening to this bliss, the time is now. 2019 is the new 2008! Some things just age well.

Taylor Swift~

My girl, she has done it once again.  What a queen. This whole album…I am so serious; the WHOLE thing is good as gold and I can’t stop.  With a perfect mix of bop’s you can blast in your car with the windows down, and heart wrenching ballads, Taylor Swift, never fails to write songs about my life.  She just gets me. It’s incredible. Does anyone else listen to some of this new music and feel reminded of the old Taylor? I hear so many similarities to the “Speak Now” era and I am LIVING for it. 

Maggie Rogers~

Last, but not least, this up and coming women.  I do not hear people talking about Maggie Rogers enough.  Her voice is so unique; with so much power in it, but yet beautiful sweet spots as well.  Not to mention, an unbelievable range. Listening to her pour her heart out in her new music, with a sound and musical style that simply cannot be emulated by any other artist, has me coming back time and time again.  Do yourself a favor and check her out!

These are just some of my most random, but also most treasured artists this fall.  I am always looking to expand my love for music and all it has to offer us on our journeys.  I can’t wait to see what I will be listening to even just a few short months from now when winter closes in on us.

Jackie Burns

Bowling Green '19

BGSU Falcon BA Opera Performance BS Human Development and Family Studies TEDxHilliard 2018 Speaker Lover of People, Jesus and Adventure Taking actionable steps toward turning the dreams God has placed on my heart to the reality I am walking out
Lindsay is a campus correspondent for Her Campus at Bowling Green State University. She is a junior at Bowling Green State University, studying Human Development and Family Studies and Creative Writing. Lindsay is an active member of Falcon Miracles, formally known as Dance Marathon and H2O Church. In her free time, she can be found on campus in the HDFS lounge, exploring Perrysburg area or sitting at her favorite spot at Flatlands in downtown Bowling Green. Lindsay has high taste in home decor, fashion, and of course, coffee.