This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bowling Green chapter.

A new month means some new tunes from favorite music artists. Here is a round up of my favorite picks of albums set to be released throughout the month of February. Pre-save your favorites on your streaming platform of choice or pre-order a CD or vinyl. Happy listening!

Feburary 4th

Mitski – Laurel hell

The long-awaited album from Mitski, Laurel Hell, is perfect for fans of indie and alternative genres. With singles like “The Only Heartbreaker,” this album is sure to be full of powerful lyrics and arrangements. When talking about the new album with Pitchfork, Mitski said that she “needed love songs about real relationships that are not power struggles to be won or lost.” Like all of Mitski’s work, Laurel Hell is sure to get you in your feels.

Bastille – Give me the future

Bastille are set to release their fourth studio album to follow-up their last release in 2019. The album is sci-fi inspired and explores darker themes having to do with living in a digital age. The futuristic music video for their single “No Bad Days” was directed by the band’s front-runner Dan Smith. Give Me The Future will elaborate on topics including human communication in the wake of social media and techology which will be widely be relatable.

Feburary 11th

Alt-j – the dream

Alt-J are set to release their first album in four years, The Dream. The British indie rock band has been a staple in many playlists (including mine) for years. Their new release has been described by music journalists as a return to the guitar-driven sounds of the band’s first two albums along with the complex production that the band has become known for. Take a listen to the single “U&ME.”

Big thief – dragon new warm mountain i believe in you

Big Thief have created a name for themselves in rock since their Grammy nomination in 2021. The Brooklyn-based indie rock band has a folky sound that fans of Phoebe Bridgers are sure to enjoy. During an interview with Rolling Stone, Adrianne Lenker, the group’s lead singer-songwriter, describes how the album was recorded during the summer of 2020 over 5 months in locations across the United States. The band’s lastest release incorporates “narratives about trauma, heartbreak, and nature” and will definitely resonate with a lot of listeners.

Jazmine Sullivan – Heaux tales, mo’ tales: the deluxe

Jazmine Sullivan is set to release Heaux Tales, Mo’ Tales: The Deluxe featuring additional tracks as a follow up to the original Heaux Tales EP released in early 2021. When speaking with Rolling Stone, Sullivan discussed how important it is “to have different representations of Black women” and express and celebrate differences as well as similarities. This release is definitely deserving of a listen, especially for fellow fans of the original EP!

Feburary 18th

Beach house – Once twice melody

Once Twice Melody will be the eighth studio album release from the dream pop group, Beach House. The album has been presented and released in chapters across the 18 tracks, beginning in November of 2021, that will all be released with the physical album on February 18th. I have loved the chapters so far and I am really looking forward to this release!

Khruangbin & Leon Bridges – Texas moon

While this release is an EP, it is one that I am very excited about! As the follow up to “Texas Sun“, Khruangbin & Leon Bridges are releasing “Texas Moon” that explores themes of their shared home of Texas, combining folky country and R&B styles. Check out the video for the track “B Side” which was filmed at a recreation of an 1800s style western town.

Feburary 25th

avril lavigne – love sux

Great news for Avril Lavigne fans, her seventh album, Love Sux, is set to be released on Feburary 25th! The album, released on Travis Barker’s label, will include features from Mark Hoppus of Blink-182, blackbear, and Machine Gun Kelly. Take a listen to the single “Love It When You Hate Me” featuring blackbear. According to NME, when speaking about the album, Lavigne said that it was “inspired by Green Day and it’s a love letter to women.”

Anna Kubitz

Bowling Green '22

Anna is a student at Bowling Green State University studying Visual Communication Technology and minoring in Marketing. She is chapter President and Campus Coordinator of Her Campus at BGSU. She loves fashion, music, matcha lattes, and is passionate about creating beautiful things. Anna also creates midsize fashion and lifestyle content on Instagram, @annakubitz.