This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bowling Green chapter.

If you didn’t know, Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. Some couples pre-ordered their gifts for one another last month. Some have gotten them at the beginning of February. Or if you are new to the dating scene, you probably haven’t gotten your significant other a gift yet. This article is great for you! Here are some ideas that may spark a lightbulb – without breaking the bank. After all, we are all broke college students. A new phenomenon is “boo baskets”, “burr baskets”, “bae baskets” — and whatever rendition of this trend you can think of. 

Initial Necklace

As Taylor said in “Call It What You Want” from her Lover album, “I want to wear his initial on a chain ‘round my neck, chain ‘round my neck, not because he owns me, but ‘cause he really knows me.” Get your significant other’s favorite jewelry type (silver, gold, etc.) and order them a necklace with your initial! Bonus: if your significant other is a Swiftie, write “because I really know you” or something quirky like that on it!

Dice Picker

If you and your significant other are anything like my boyfriend and I then this will come in handy! I found this one on Amazon for roughly $8 and thought it would be perfect! This dice picker has options for food, date night, and weekend activities!

Legos

Legos are always a great choice for a gift! You and your partner can build them together and they stay up forever. I love the flower sets made by Lego (although the bouquets are a little more pricy) they make for great centerpieces and look beautiful in vases.

Stanley Cup

However, these are a little expensive. These are the common phenomena currently that any girl or guy would love!

Tickets to a Concert/Sports Game

If your love language is like mine then quality time is the best! Personally, I would much rather spend my money on something I can experience and make life-long memories with my loved ones. Tickets to hockey games, concerts, and comedy shows, are the best! Plus, it is a cute new date night for the two of you! P.S. if you go to BG and your s/o doesn’t, you can buy student discount tickets for them and experience some school spirit at one of our home games!

12 Piece Survival Pack

I know, this one sounds crazy! Hear me out! If you and your s/o enjoy hiking or exploring the outdoors this could be cool. Once again, saw this on Amazon and my boyfriend said he would treasure this one.

Something Small From 5 Below 

5 Below sells mini board games and mini golf table. I got a mini golf table for my boyfriend for Christmas and he absolutely loves it! I also received mini battleships and think it is awesome! I highly recommend getting your partner a mini board game/golf table or something else!

Matching Bracelets

Especially if you are long distance, I think that a matching bracelet is so sweet and cute! It will be an accessory that will always remind you of them and it’s almost like they’re with you!

Classic Gifts

It will never hurt to buy your s/o their favorite candy, snacks, real flowers, or a stuffed animal. Although some may say these are clichè, I think it is very sweet, meaningful, and classic!

Other “Little Things”

Love letters. Handwritten love letters. Do I need to say more? Love letters are timeless, I promise if you ever write your partner a love letter they will keep it forever. These are just about the sweetest thing someone could give. It truly comes from the heart and is one of, if not the most meaningful gifts ever! Also, bringing your partner breakfast (i.e. Starbucks) after or before a class or to their dorm room. It’s giving breakfast in bed. It is also such a sweet thing, especially if you know your s/o’s order.

p.s. if you go to BG and don’t already know – it’s on campus!

Joslyn Stauffer

Bowling Green '27

Hello! I'm Joslyn! I'm a first year student at Bowling Green State University, studying Criminal Justice with a specialization in forensic investigation. Another organization that I am a part of is Forensics Speech & Debate Team! I love the ocean, sunsets, playing sports, spending time with friends and family, making new friends, and so much more!