This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bowling Green chapter.

With summer break coming up, there is so much to look forward to! Vacation, time with friends, swimming, tanning, and more! While it can be overwhelming to find your perfect summer essentials, here’s my must-haves to have the best summer!

The perfect Jean Shorts

During a nice stroll at Target, a pair of denim cut-off shorts caught my eye. It can be so hard to find affordable jean shorts that are cute and fit. For only $22 these shorts were hard to pass up! I snagged the off-white as well as the medium wash!

https://www.target.com/p/women-s-high-rise-vintage-midi-jean-shorts-universal-thread/-/A-86986506?preselect=86832520#lnk=sametab

A cute swimsuit

Cute, comfortable, affordable, and quality swim can be extremely hard to find. While there are many of options on the internet, it can be hard to find a swimsuit that fits your needs and lifestyle. A few places I recommend for swimsuits are Cupshe, Target, Walmart, aerie, and Old Navy. These places have upped their inclusivity and sizing to fit people of all shapes and sizes.

Comfy Cover-ups

To pair with your cute new bathing suit, you have to have a cute cover-up as well! Button up and crochet cover-ups are very trendy right now! There are many cute options at aerie and old navy! You can also thrift button ups to use as a bathing suit cover to save some money!

The Perfect tan

To have the perfect summer you MUST have the perfect tan! I have seen a variety of people raving about tanning balms on tiktok recently. I am looking forward to trying the Carrot Sun brand- the results are insane! Brands like Sun Bum and B. Tan are also very popular as well!

Light Reading

To have a great tanning session you must pair it with the perfect book! My summer usually consists of catching up on my “reading wishlist” that I didn’t have time to get to during the semester. Barnes and Noble has a great selection of all types of books! I have been enjoying the YA section!

Currently Reading Back To School GIF by INTO ACTION - Find & Share on GIPHY

Sandals

The perfect sandal is a must have for summer! It can be so hard to find a pair that are comfy and can be dressed up or down. My favorite sandal is the Teva Flatform! They are so comfy and can be worn with comfy clothes or dressed up with nicer clothes! I have received so many compliments on them!

A versatile bag

In the summer, it can be so hard to find a bag that is large enough to fit all of your stuff but not so large that it is obnoxious. Enter the Baggu Cresent Bag. This bag is the perfect size to fit all of your stuff yet versatile enough to dress up or down!

Haley Muter

Bowling Green '25

Hi! My name is Haley Muter! I am a chapter leader for HC at BGSU! I am a sophmore majoring in middle-childhood education, specifically language arts and social studies. I am also minoring in psychology. I write about many topics under the sun but, my favorite topics to write about are mental health, music, and environment-friendly things!