This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bowling Green chapter.

Its officially that time of the year…holiday time!! If you’re anything like me you’re in the process of trying to figure out what the best gifts for your friends and family will be. Another question has been lurking around my brain, what will make up my own Christmas list this year? As I get older it gets more and more difficult to figure out what to ask for and what to give that will put a smile on a face and also give back. Here are some of my favorite brands that make super great gifts and also give back to incredible causes!!

Box Lunch 

This store has all things nerdy. Everything from Harry Potter to Disney to astrology gifts to your favorite TV shows and movies. They sell brands such as Loungefly and Funko Pop figures! They have t-shirts, mugs, purses, socks, ktichen items, shoes, jewelry, you name it! One of the coolest things about this store is that every $10 you spend the store gives a boxed lunch to a family in need! Hence the name, Box Lunch! 

Alex and Ani

Alex and Ani is a bracelet company that I absolutely ADORE! I have several bracelets from their Disney collections and wear them all the time! They have designs that are full color and ones that are silver or gold and look kind of like pressed pennies! This company helps several different philanthropies rather than just one. They change often and are sometimes on certain bracelets or collections! 

Ivory Ella 

This brand is one that is very close to my heart. My favorite animal is an elephant and not only do they have the CUTEST designs but they give 10% of all the proceeds towards the Save The Elephants foundation. They support elephant conservation while creating super cute clothes! They even do cute little designs for holidays as well! The shirts are super comfortable and perfect for anyone who loves elephants and conservation!

Lokai 

Lokai not only has contents of the lowest and highest points on earth within it, but they also have specific bracelets that support many different causes. I myself have several different bracelets that support different causes. Each bracelet is colored to the specific organization that it is trying to raise money for. They support causes such as, the world wildlife foundation, pediatric cancer, LGBTQ+ community, NAMI, and many more! These bracelets are great for someone that supports a specific organization. They give a $1 to the organization with every bracelet sold! 

Give the gift that gives back this holiday season!!

Victoria Anderson

Bowling Green '20

Hello all!! I am in the undecided program hoping to pursue a career in English! I am the oldest of 4 girls, im a photographer, graphic designer, and im a classically trained opera singer! I love to read, sing, craft, and write! I am an activist and member of the LGBTQ+ community and i love helping others!