Erin’s Astrology Forecast: What to Expect for the Full Moon in Aquarius (08/11)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bowling Green chapter.

Rise and shine, Her Campus readers! It’s time for your weekly astrology forecast. As we are getting back into the groove of things with Back to School season, there are many things lining up in the stars that we can work with in order to get ourselves prepared for what’s to come!

This week in astrology, there is a Full Moon in Aquarius that gives us a lot to work with. Here’s what you need to know:

Full Moons are usually times anointed with chaos, figuring things out and learning more about yourself. With Mars being in Taurus, this week may feel especially challenging in the means of “getting up and at it.” The moon enters Capricorn Monday afternoon (08/08 at 2:39pm), leading us to consider our actions a bit more meticulously. Capricorn moons are known for their analytical twist on things, so you may be inspired to work on a new project, or start making your lists for what to bring back to campus (check out our articles on what to bring/not to bring!) The moon will stay in Capricorn until Thursday, when it enters Aquarius.

The Full Moon in Aquarius will be 08/11 at 9:36pm. With Venus Entering Leo on the same day, it is going to be a day for fixed sign placements (Aquarius, Leo, Taurus, and Scorpio). To find which areas of your life the Full Moon may impact, check the houses in your birth chart. For example, a Leo Rising may have situations arise in aspects associated with the first house of appearances (self, body, appearance, vitality), an Aquarius Moon that falls in the 8th house may have situations arise in aspects associated with the 8th house (sex, taboo, death, revitalization). In being opposite the sign of Leo, the Venus/Sun combo with the Aquarius Moon is a great time to get in touch with yourself and what you need during this time.

Other important aspects of the week include Mercury recently entering Virgo, allowing us to place focus on our material, intellectual and spiritual endeavors. During this time, it is good to refresh and reorganize information and assets.

After the Full Moon, the Moon will enter Pisces for the weekend, allowing us to relax and contemplate the new information we acquired from the Aquarius Moon. It’s a great time for self-care and working with the water sign (pool partyyyyy!). Beware of how far you will go to get what you want, however. Pisces Moons can be sly like that.

Use the remainder of Leo season to live the life that you want to live. Don’t be afraid to take up space and have fun!

Erin Anderson

Bowling Green '25

Erin is a Junior at Bowling Green State University, where she is majoring in Adolescent/Young Adult Education (Integrated Language Arts). Alongside being Senior Editor for the group, she loves to write about astrology, self-love, spirituality, and mental health.