Wellness

Eco-Friendly and Sustainable Brands to Support for Earth Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bowling Green chapter.

With Earth Day coming up, being environmentally friendly has been on my mind a lot. It can be hard to buy into brands that claim to be “eco-friendly” when the price tag isn’t friendly to your wallet. It is hard to find brands that intersect sustainability and affordability. Eco-friendly brands can be an investment but they don’t have to be. Here are five eco-friendly brands I have been loving lately!

Baggu

My recent obsession has been BAGGU. BAGGU is a reusable bag and tote company that minimizes waste while optimizing its longevity. They use recycled nylon, canvas, and have minimal and recyclable packaging. They also support ethical labor practices. BAGGU uses a variety of fun patterns for their different-sized reusable bags. They also carry a variety of pouches to store your items in! The pricing is reasonable, a bit of an investment, but who doesn’t love a good tote bag!

Shopping Spring Sticker by BAGGU for iOS & Android | GIPHY

Just WAter

On my casual stroll through Target, I was very thirsty and found myself at their refreshment center loaded with colorful drinks. I saw JUST Water with Lemon and it sounded great, I took a drink and was amazed! The spring water is sustainably sourced in New York with naturally occurring minerals. The water is sustainable and replenishes annually. JUST uses plant-based packaging that can easily be recycled as well as aluminum which can be infinitely recycled. Their water tastes amazing and is only $1 for a bottle.

EVA NYC

Eva NYC is a haircare brand and sustainability is at its core. Eva NYC is cruelty-free, vegan, non-GMO, and sulfate and paraben-free. Their packaging is also aluminum which means it can be infinitely recycled! Their products are also made from natural ingredients such as cherry bark and spirulina that are ethically sourced. These products leave your hair so soft and smelling amazing!

EverSpring

Everspring is a Target brand that specializes in household items. They carry paper towels, dish soap, wipes, detergents, essential oils, candles, and more. Everspring uses recycled and biodegradable materials. This brand is about the same price as other household items that aren’t as sustainable. Although using Everspring products isn’t completely eco-friendly because of the single-use items they carry, they are a step in the right direction in terms of recycled and sustainable materials.

Dr. Bronner’s

Dr. Bronner’s carries a variety of soaps, balms, lotions, kinds of toothpaste, and cleaners. These items are cruelty-free, vegan, organic, and non-GMO. The difference with Dr. Bronner’s products is that the soaps are 18-in-one, meaning they have 18 different uses! They can be used for a variety of different cleaning uses as well as toothpaste and mouthwash! Dr. Bronner’s uses pure-castile soap that can be used for a variety of different things due to its natural ingredients. This product is a one-time purchase that can be used for a variety of different things saving you money and working towards a more sustainable environment!

Liquid Soap Sticker by drbronner for iOS & Android | GIPHY
Haley Muter

Bowling Green '25

Hi! My name is Haley Muter! I am a chapter leader for HC at BGSU! I am a sophmore majoring in middle-childhood education, specifically language arts and social studies. I am also minoring in psychology. I write about many topics under the sun but, my favorite topics to write about are mental health, music, and environment-friendly things!