5 Christmas Movies to Bring Out Your Inner Child

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bowling Green chapter.

It is officially December, which means it’s time to get into the Christmas spirit! As a child, the holiday season seemed so magical, but that magic seems to fade away as we grow older. It doesn’t have to be like this! Here are 5 Christmas movies that will for sure bring out your inner child, just in time for the holidays.

1. The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992)

The Muppet Christmas Carol is a retelling of the Charles Dickens classic story, starring Michael Caine and all of your favorite muppet characters. A must-see to get into the Christmas spirit!

2. The Polar Express (2004)

With Tom Hanks playing numerous characters, you cannot deny this is 2004 movie is becoming a Christmas classic. Go ahead and give this a watch!

3. Home Alone (1990)

As crazy as the plot is, this movie has secured its spot as a classic holiday movie. With moments that will make you laugh until your stomach hurts and even tear up a little, this film is guaranteed to bring out your inner child.

4. The Santa Clause (1994)

As a young child I’m sure you once hoped that your father would magically turn into Santa Claus- I mean, how awesome would that be!? Regardless of your current belief in Saint Nick, this movie will make you feel like a child once again.

5. Elf (2003)

Last but definitely not least, is Elf. Starring comedy legend Will Ferrel, this movie has become a Christmastime staple in many households. You’ll feel like a child filled with holiday joy after viewing this.

Sophie Hohler

Bowling Green '24

Sophie is a second-year student at BGSU studying media production and journalism. She enjoys watching movies, filming/playing with cameras, and playing with her 4 cats back home in Ashland, OH.