This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bowling Green chapter.

With the temperatures falling, it can be hard to find motivation to walk outside. Something that has really helped motivate me is listening to podcasts. It’s fun to bundle up in my winter gear, put in my air pods, and go. I hope you enjoy this list of podcasts I’ve been enjoying!

Gals on the Go 

Gals on the Go (GOTG) is a podcast run by Danielle Carolan and Brooke Miccio. The podcast focuses on fashion and life in New York City. One aspect of the podcast that I really enjoy when they discuss their favorite things of the week and recommendations.

Background: They met online in High School, then went to the University of Georgia together and were in the same sorority. Now they’re post-grad and live near each other in New York! This has given me hope for maintaining friendships and finding joy after I graduate in the Spring!

They’ve also started to do Gals On The Go live shows. In fact, on Friday (11/3) I went to see the gals live in Chicago!

Hot Mess with Alix Earle’s 

Hot Mess is a podcast all about Alix Earle’s life. Earle, became tiktok famous over a year ago for her “Get Ready with me” videos. One thing that’s different about her podcast is that she includes different segments instead of sitting and talking to the camera the whole time. For example, in My Sorority Nightmare, she starts the episode in her bedroom in Miami, FL chatting about her sorority experience and then it jumps to chatting with her friend Natalie in their hotel in room in New York about their experience at New York fashion week. It’s more engaging and makes you feel like you’re there with her in these scenarios. She posts a Youtube version but I find the audio to be interesting by itself.

Girls Gotta Eat 

Girls Gotta Eat is led by Rayna Greenberg and Ashley Hesseltine. These Los Angeles based comedians talk about dating, sex, and relationships in their thirties and forties. These ladies are hilarious! I love to hear them chat. Sometimes they have solo episodes but they usually invite guests on. These range from other comedians, to psychologists and doctors who speak about different topics.I appreciate that they focus on providing the facts on important topics. I can get some laughs along with important information that will serve me well as I pursue my own relationships. 

They also do Girls Gotta Eat live shows! Right now they’re almost done with their tour but should be releasing their 2024 dates soon!

The Broski Report

The Broski Report, is captained by Brittany Broski. She combines her humor with analysis of pop culture, religion, art, and music. Listeners are members of Broski Nation. The setup of her podcast studio reminds me of a morning talk show, with a catchy intro, and props. My favorite episodes so far have been I am SICK of the Beyoncé disrespect, and Why I left the Christian Church. An episode with Brittany leads to a wide range of emotion. One minute, she’s cracking jokes and the next she’s unpacking childhood trauma or speaking up about women’s rights.

Next time you’re headed out to class or out on a hot girl walk, try listening to one of these!!

Anna Withrow

Bowling Green '24

Anna is the Events Coordinator at BGSU. She is a senior Digital Arts major with an Image and Word minor. In her free time, she enjoys reading, dancing, writing, and hanging with friends.