A Holiday Gifting Guide for College Students

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bowling Green chapter.

Happy November Falcons! As the clock struck midnight on November 1st, Christmas season officially began in my life. I have been streaming holiday music non-stop and have already decorated my space. My next to-do list item for this season is to start holiday shopping. As someone who loves this season with my whole heart and loves giving gifts, I have noticed that this can be very daunting/overwhelming. This is why today I wanted to get a head start on some ideas for gifting and share them with my fellow Falcons to make the process a bit less overwhelming. Whether you are searching for gifts to give your friends or family, I have tried to compile a list that can cover all of your bases.

Gifts $25 or less

Made with Love: $0ish

When you are working with a limited budget, it can be intimidating to brainstorm gift ideas due to how fast the price tag racks up. This is where homemade gifts can be beneficial! By creating something at home you can save money while also showing your love through your efforts. Here are a few basic ideas:

• Hand-written letter
  • Baked goods
  • Printed pictures of you with them
  • Find more great DIY ideas here!

Personalized Pet Necklace: $24.50

If you have any pet-lovers in your life, this necklace could be a very fun and personalized idea! It’s fairly affordable as well. The ratings on Amazon are very good and this looks like a super promising product!

Slippers: $21

A great present idea for the cold weather are slippers! Amazon has many great options of slippers but for the purpose of this list, I found a pair of some affordable memory foam shoes with different color options.

Slides: $20.38

Another footwear option you could gift is this pair of slides that has raving reviews for feeling like you are walking on a pillow. These slides come in many different colors for a very affordable price!

Custom Pet Pillow: $14.95

Revisiting those pet-lovers in your life, another great option is this custom pet pillow. If you submit a picture of a furry friend, Amazon will print it on a pillow for a great price!

Rechargeable Hand Warmers: $22.99

If you have people in your life who are in the outdoors often, these hand warmers would be a unique gift idea! While single-use hand warmers are nice, this rechargeable option would save money in the long run.

Shower Speaker: $19.99

For music-lovers in your life, a waterproof speaker could be a unique gift idea! This would allow the recipient to listen to music in the shower without risking water damage to their phone. I imagine Amazon has many other options, but this one is reasonably priced and has great reviews.

Car Mount: $9.99

Drivers in your life would likely appreciate a phone mount, especially if they utilize their navigation often. This one is fairly cheap and also has very good reviews!

Shower Steamers: $15.99

If there is someone in your life who is often stressed, these shower steamers could be a really thoughtful gift! For these, the recipient puts a steamer on the shower floor and the water dissolves it into an essential oil filled steam that is said to be very calming.

Cleaning Gel: $6.98

A cheap and universal gift idea is this cleaning putty! For under $10, this putty is super effective at cleaning the interior of a car as well as a laptop keyboard.

At-Home Ice Cream Maker: $21.95

This was a super fun idea that I stumbled across during my research. While it isn’t the most practical item on this list, it is a fun way to make your own sweet treats and potentially save some money on ice cream from out!

Gifts Between $25-$50

Hammock: $29.95

For around $30 you can gift someone a super fun and creative way to hang around. Whether outside with nature or hanging in a room, a hammock can be a super universal and unique gift!

Wearable Blanket and Pillow Set: $24.99

I don’t know about you but I have definitely thought about wanting to bring my blanket with me a time or two. With the wearable blanket and pillow set it’s easy and convenient to do just that!

Lululemon Everywhere Belt Bag: $48

I don’t personally own this accessory but a good friend of mine does and to say that it improves your life is an understatement. It keeps you organized on the go and keeps your valuables close to you at all times. Also, if Lululemon is out of your price range, there are plenty of cheaper alternatives on Amazon!

Mini Portable Movie Projector: $39.99

Who doesn’t love a movie night? Give the joy of movie magic to your friends with this mini projector.

LEGO Orchids: $39.99

Flowers can make anyone’s day and with LEGO flowers they are an investment that never dies. It brings the fun child aspect into adulthood again while also serving as a rather practicable gift.

Dual Breakfast Sandwich Maker: $42.99

This gadget is convenient for any population of people, but I think it would be especially appreciated by any college students in your life. This could easily be used to make yummy breakfast sandwiches and avoid spending money on sandwiches from out.

Ear Wax Remover with Camera: $33.69

The rumor is that Q-Tips are actually bad for your ears. Also, wouldn’t it be cool to be able to get an in-depth look into your own ears? This does just that and makes a practicable and surprisingly fun gift!

Closing

I hope you found this article helpful and were able to get some holiday gift ideas rolling! Below, I have attached the sources I found my ideas from which contain many more options for you to look at if you are in need of more ideas!

Sources:

Best Products

Womens Health Mag

CNN

Sarah Leming

Bowling Green '25

Hello, my name is Sarah (she/her)! I am currently a junior at Bowling Green State University. I am majoring in AYA ISS (teaching social studies to middle/high schoolers) with a minor in History! I am from Hilliard, OH (right outside of Columbus) and this is my second year on the Her Campus team. In my free time, I really enjoy listening to music, rewatching my favorite shows, and spending time with my friends/family! Within my family, I have two dogs– a Yorkipoo named Bailey and a Goldendoodle named Milo. Three of my favorite things of all time (and what i'll likely write about the most) include: Harry Styles, Taylor Swift, and Christmas!