6 Affordable Fall Date Ideas from a Broke College Student

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bowling Green chapter.

Fall is such a beautiful time! The weather is changing, the leaves are beautiful, and there are an infinite amount of possibilities! Finding date ideas can be tough especially when you are ballin on a budget, but here are some super fun ideas that won’t break the bank.

Go to a pumpkin Patch

Pumpkin patches are the perfect place to enjoy fall! You can take fun pictures with your date or friends! Most pumpkin patches offer snacks, mazes, and other attractions. Here are some near Bowling Green:

• Fleitz Pumpkin Farm
  • Trabbic Pumpkin Farm
  • Carpenter Farms Pumpkins
Pumpkin patch with fall trees in the background
Original photo by Caeleigh MacInnis

Pumpkin Decorating

After going to the pumpkin patch you can decorate your pumpkins together! Whether you are carving or painting your pumpkin this is a great way to show off your creative side and spend time with your pumpkin!

Go to a haunted House

If you’re a thrill seeker like I am, going to a haunted house is an awesome fall activity. It is a fun way to get into the Halloween spirit! Plus the wait in line will give you some time to spend with your date! Here are some of the best haunted houses in Ohio:

• Land of Illusion in Middletown, Ohio
  • Carnival of Horrors at The Stark County Fairgrounds in Canton, Ohio
  • Fortress of Fear Scream Park in Alliance, Ohio

Go on a Hiking Adventure

My favorite way to enjoy the changing colors of fall is to go on a hike. Hiking is so relaxing and allows you to emerge yourself in nature and ground yourself. You can see so many different animals, plant-life, and critters! This is the perfect way to enjoy fall if you love nature!

Have a scary movie Marathon

The best way to get into the Halloween spirit is to watch your favorite scary movies. This is the perfect way to snuggle up with your date! You can also enjoy some fall snacks with your movie. including a pumpkin roll or caramel apples. Here are some of my favorite scary movies:

• the Nightmare on Elm Street Movies
  • the Scream movies
  • Jennifer’s Body
  • Heathers
  • Beetlejuice
  • the IT movies

Go on a coffee date

One of my favorite ways to enjoy fall is by enjoying a pumpkin spice latte! Whether it’s warm, iced, or frozen it is the best thing to welcome fall. This is the perfect opportunity to spend time with your date and to enjoy the fall flavors! Here are the best coffee spots in Bowling Green:

• Grounds for Thought
  • Starbucks on campus
  • Bigby Coffee
  • Flatlands Coffee
  • Call of the Canyon Cafe
Haley Muter

Bowling Green '25

Hi! My name is Haley Muter! I am a chapter leader for HC at BGSU! I am a sophmore majoring in middle-childhood education, specifically language arts and social studies. I am also minoring in psychology. I write about many topics under the sun but, my favorite topics to write about are mental health, music, and environment-friendly things!