This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bowling Green chapter.

Halloween has always been a time for everyone to show their creative side with costumes on their own or with family or friends. But occasionally, one very special member of the family gets left out of all of the fun: the pets! Whether you have a dog, cat, hamster, or even a lizard, finding cute costume ideas to incorporate your pint-sized friend could be easier than you think. Below are just a few ideas fit for traditional, funny, or pop culture costumes!

Traditional Costumes

There have been so many variations of traditional costumes throughout the years that are classic staples and easy to do. One idea if you own a black kitty (that doesn’t involve the hassle of wrangling them into a costume) could be a witch or warlock and their familiar. If you want to go the extra mile, you could attach a little crystal to their collar in order to fully commit to the bit!

Another great costume could be the easy and always fun devil and angel combo! This can be interchangeable depending on how you feel about your pet’s personality. You can find multiple options for your little devil or angel here on Amazon!

Funny Costumes

Everyone loves a good funny costume to brighten up a party! So, why not include your pets in on the bit? One idea could be a hotdog and a condiment bottle. Everyone easily recognizes what a hotdog is, and we all have definitely seen ketchup and mustard couples costumes. Though it would be well known to have a dog be the “hotdog” component, you could possibly coax your cat friend to climb into the costume as well (just be sure to have lots of treats on hand because they will not be happy one bit).

For the Disney lovers out there and those who were rooting for the TikTok hit Ratatouille: The Musical, this next one’s for you. If you are the proud owner of a hamster, rat or even a guinea pig why not go as Linguini and Remy! All you would need to get is a chef hat for yourself (found here) and make a tiny matching paper hat for your smaller chef counterpart. Just remember, “anyone can cook!”

Pop Culture Costumes 

Pop culture has always been a huge hit for each year’s costumes due to many people going as beloved TV, movie, or video game characters. As the first season of House of the Dragon has come to an end and with many fans still adoring the Game of Thrones series, why not incorporate our favorite Targaryens Danaerys or Rhaenyra! If you are a proud parent to a lizard, your little friend can cosplay and walk alongside you as a dragon (just minus the fire of course). There are many options and styles of wings you can get here for your little guy on Amazon!

For the avid gamer, another iconic pop culture duo you and your furry friend can go as would be Mario and Luigi! These famous video game plumbers are both nostalgic and absolutely adorable as a duo costume, you just would have to make the decision of who is going to be who. If you have a larger group, you could even incorporate a Princess Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, or even more characters from the Mario Bros franchise. You can find a Mario or Luigi hat suitable for your pet’s adorable little noggin on Etsy!

Taylor Eureste is a fifth year Fashion Merchandising and Product Development (FMPD) student at Bowling Green State University. They love to write and read various articles that help lift other young women up in today's society. Eureste is a huge advocate for Latinx and LGBTQ+ youth as well as women empowerment on their college campus. They hopes that they can inspire someone with their words or at the very least make someone's day a little better.